Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ggg vs canelo breaks 2 million ppv buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
    Umm this did over a million buys than canelo cotto. Are you ******ed?
    yes because of Canelo... are you ******ed! Canelo is a bigger draw today then he was BEFORE he beat Cotto do you not get that? If he fought Chavez before Cotto does it do 1m? I don't think so. Floyd sold MORE ppvs against Robert Guerrero then he did when he fought Hatton and the same he did against Marquez. Do you think Guerreo is a bigger draw then Juan Manuel Marquez and Ricky Hatton were? Or did Floyd just become a bigger draw over the years that past since when he fought Hatton and Marquez and that's why it did more PPVs? Canelo is bigger today then he was 2-3 years ago. GGG just did 110-170K his last fight which was billed the biggest fight of his career. Canelo did over 1m his last fight. It's clear who is driving the PPV buys and who isn't.
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 09-22-2017, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Wow cong**** to GGG if true, Golovkin came from nothing all the way to this?
      Sad that they had to rob him of a great dominant victory over the guy everyone said would beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
        Oh and btw its CANELO first and then GGG.

GGG is the B-SIDE.
        Not any more!

GGG vs Canelo sold twice as many PPVs as Canelo vs Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          yes because of Canelo... are you ******ed! Canelo is a bigger draw today then he was BEFORE he beat Cotto do you not get that? If he fought Chavez before Cotto does it do 1m? I don't think so. Floyd sold MORE ppvs against Robert Guerrero then he did when he fought Hatton and the same he did against Marquez. Do you think Guerreo is a bigger draw then Juan Manuel Marquez and Ricky Hatton were? Or did Floyd just become a bigger draw over the years that past since when he fought Hatton and Marquez and that's why it did more PPVs? Canelo is bigger today then he was 2-3 years ago. GGG just did 110-170K his last fight which was billed the biggest fight of his career. Canelo did over 1m his last fight. It's clear who is driving the PPV buys and who isn't.
          Yeah, it's Golovkin, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            Golovkin = big draw.
            Maxi=huge ****smoker

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post

if this gets confirmed ca$hnelo proves this is indeed his era. still very young. but he needs to maybe go the floyd route and be his own boss becuz GBP just paid him $5mill for this fight. hes worth way more.
              I read somehwere that Canelo was going to cash between 30 - 40 millions $$$ with this fight and GGG somewhere around 25 - 30 millions $$$

5 million seems way too low, especially for a fight of this magnitude.

Comment

GGG bringing the buys

Comment

Going to need a better and more reliable source than that before celebrating but I HOPE that is True!

Comment

I swear, Borat fans are the scum of the earth, .

Borat has done 97K and 170K PPVs, Caneol has done 2.2M, 1M, 900K, yet Borat is the draw.
                    Last edited by 187 Proof; 06-07-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Steve (Hartford) [via mobile]

Any projections for the May/Mac and Canelo/GGG PPV buys?
                      Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:30 PM)

May-Mac did huge business. Showtime said it's over 4 million but they are not sure whether it has broken the record or is just shy of the record yet. Canelo-GGG no announcement yet but I know the HBO folks think there's a good chance it topped 2 million which would be massive.

Comment

Working...
                      X