No announcement yet.

Top form, Roy Jones Jr vs Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Something tells me you're a fairly young guy and wasn't around Or following boxing during the Jones era

I'm almost certain
    roys a legend of the sport, not hating on him just saying people are getting carried away on this thread. He fought a lot of bums, wasnt unbeatable. Tarver worked out how to deal with him, and weve seen roy get badly rocked by bum before. He'd have beaten ward but they'd have both lost to joe calzaghe in there primes.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      roys a legend of the sport, not hating on him just saying people are getting carried away on this thread. He fought a lot of bums, wasnt unbeatable. Tarver worked out how to deal with him, and weve seen roy get badly rocked by bum before. He'd have beaten ward but they'd have both lost to joe calzaghe in there primes.
      You still didn't answer the question

How old are you and when did you officially start following the sport. Please be honorable and answer truthfully

Comment

You still didn't answer the question

How old are you and when did you officially start following the sport. Please be honorable and answer truthfully
        26, been watching it since i was a kid.

Comment

Prime RJJ steamrolls Joey Zags, I know it, even Joey knows it.

Comment

Roy.............

Comment

26, been watching it since i was a kid.
              Cool, so I was right. Thanks for the honesty.

Point being is you weren't old enough and your brain wasn't fully developed enough to have followed Roy during his absolute prime.

Youtube is great for viewing fights that you missed, but it's a totally different story when following as they happened. Take it from some of us that followed prime Roy since the 88 olympics

Comment

Cool, so I was right. Thanks for the honesty.

Point being is you weren't old enough and your brain wasn't fully developed enough to have followed Roy during his absolute prime.

Youtube is great for viewing fights that you missed, but it's a totally different story when following as they happened. Take it from some of us that followed prime Roy since the 88 olympics
                fair enough man, just going by his CV and past fights ive seen. Watched a few of his later ones live.

Comment

fair enough man, just going by his CV and past fights ive seen. Watched a few of his later ones live.
                  Cool

Which was the first you watched live?

Comment

Roy Jones dominates Ward, late ko. James Toney also destroys Ward. If Ward tried that inside s**t with JT he would of been eaten alive by JT's supreme ability to fight in such close quarters.
                    Last edited by jdp28tx; 09-23-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Love the comments. Yeah you had to be there when Roy was fighting. You would expect the guy to dominate every round. Crazy.

Comment

Working...
                      X