Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top form, Roy Jones Jr vs Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roy jones was an absolute freak of nature. on his best night ward doesn't even have the power to get lucky. not a slight to ward, who is a great fighter, but WTF do you do with a guy who hits harder, is much, much faster, and boxes and reacts just as well as you do? get rough, i guess, but is that gonna work against roy jones?

3 hooks at one time, guys. remember that.

Comment

Well it depends on the officials and judges. Are they going to allow Ward's illegal tactics? Otherwise, most top tier boxers (never mind someone as insanely talented as prime Roy Jones Jr) could beat Ward. If Ward is allowed to get a way with his illegal tactics, then Roy Jones Jr doesn't do any better than Sergey Kovalev in my opinion.

Comment

name all the fast fighters ward fought in his career.............ready go!!!

Comment

RJJ in his prime beats Ward and Kovalev on the same night.

Comment

Roy, but in a tough fight, because Ward wouldn't just try and hit him on the inside, he'd get on the inside, and clinch, and hit. Roy wins almost every round, but they're all closer than people make it seem to be.

And obviously Ward hasn't faced a fighter on RJJ's level, RJJ hasn't faced a guy that can really make it ugly in there, and spoil his finesse style. Roy wins an ugly ass fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
              Roy, but in a tough fight, because Ward wouldn't just try and hit him on the inside, he'd get on the inside, and clinch, and hit. Roy wins almost every round, but they're all closer than people make it seem to be.

And obviously Ward hasn't faced a fighter on RJJ's level, RJJ hasn't faced a guy that can really make it ugly in there, and spoil his finesse style. Roy wins an ugly ass fight.
              I would say Montell was close. Also both Toney and Hopkins are very crafty. I'm not sure that Ward gets more than 50:50 odds against either of Hop/Toney

Comment

Rjj wins

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  roy jones was an absolute freak of nature. on his best night ward doesn't even have the power to get lucky. not a slight to ward, who is a great fighter, but WTF do you do with a guy who hits harder, is much, much faster, and boxes and reacts just as well as you do? get rough, i guess, but is that gonna work against roy jones?

3 hooks at one time, guys. remember that.
                  Do you know the video where it shows Roy doing the triple left hook? Or what moment in what fight? I know he did it a lot, but I remember seeing a video on youtube where it showcased a certain moment in a fight where he did it.

It's crazy how Roy was able to generate so much explosive speed from a near stand still, must be the most fast twitchy fighter to ever exist. Those triple left hooks look like a cat swiping really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                    RJJ in his prime beats Ward and Kovalev on the same night.
                    I think Roy might literally of been able to do that.

Comment

Kovalev beat Ward on most cards in the first fight. Jones would have ruined him. Jones already fought Ward back when they called him Hopkins. It wasn't close.

Comment

Working...
                      X