Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for him

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if he suffered another injury during training and figured he had enough. I would have liked to seen him fight Adonis and Beterbiev. If he pulled through I wanted to see how he would fare at Cruiserweight (Heavyweight was just a fantasy) and then retire.

Cruiserweight might be asking too much, but I reckon he had at least two more worthwhile fights in that division.

Comment

Pretty surprising. Andre may see his opportunity as a commentator. He can make money and doesn't have to go through all the crap that comes with boxing; like training and getting hit for a living.

Also he doesn't have a lot of great money fights. Not saying he can make more money any other way but there aren't a lot of hugely lucrative fights. He wasn't ever going to be in a fight that brought in the type of money that Canelo is making or even Golovkin.

Cong**** to Ward on a great career and best of luck in his future endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcodian View Post
          Quite suprised by this, seen an eddie hearn video last week? I think (if not last week then the week before, either way not that long ago) where he mentions team ward had contacted him for a fight with someone from his stable, the fighter declined it so i thought he was just inactive from trying to find an opponent not due to retirement thoughts
          They contacted him about a fight with Frank Buglioni, i have absolutely no idea why. A baffling choice.

Comment

Seems to have been lot's of big name retirements in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
              Hahaha you might be on to something
              So what at least he fought him twice. Where as Mayweather retired while the division was heating up & didn't fight any of the top dogs at 147 at that time & retired for 2 years.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Two-weight world champion Andre Ward - widely considered the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world - has retired from boxing at the age of 33.
                The former super middleweight and current light-heavyweight king, who is unbeaten in the ring since the age of 13, won all of his 32 contests as a professional as well as a gold medal at the 2004 Olympic games. The 33-year-old made the announcement on Wednesday, claiming his desire to fight had disappeared because his "body can no longer put up with the rigours of the sport."
                [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

LOOL Ward is such a clown.

"Ill go to heavyweight"

"I'll go to cruiserweight"

The man is a joke and American "boxing" fans should shun him. two of his best wins came through fouling and one came through an absolute gift on the cards, where almost every major reporting agency had him losing.

Didn't I tell you I highly doubt he would ever face a legit light heavy ever again?

I guess certain people will still keep him on their p4p lists though lol

Comment

ill just repeat, what a clown and the new face of fraud.

Comment

He landed an Affirmative Action job with some media company for sure... probably HBO...

He's horrible as a "journalist," and tries to talk like Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X