Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just realised this puts Golovkin as The Ring P4P No.1 (Canelo 6)

Odd that The Ring ratings have Canelo above Golovkin at MW, but Golovkin above Canelo in the P4P given Canelo is the only one to have done things at other weights whereas Golovkin has been MW throughout. Thought the P4P reflected success at different weights among other things (like Ward).

Ring ratings score another own goal.

Comment

• I cannot believe this,I will still be hoping he changes his mind. He would've destroyed stevenson imo,as much as I am in shock its understandable given that he's secured a nice nest egg of at least 10-15 mil after taxes,that should last him the rest of his life since he doesn't blow his earnings like Mayweather on pricéy hôokers & frivolous purchases.

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
        Just realised this puts Golovkin as The Ring P4P No.1 (Canelo 6)

Odd that The Ring ratings have Canelo above Golovkin at MW, but Golovkin above Canelo in the P4P given Canelo is the only one to have done things at other weights whereas Golovkin has been MW throughout. Thought the P4P reflected success at different weights among other things (like Ward).

Ring ratings score another own goal.

Canelo will never get credit from the joke Boxing media & fanbois despite having the current best resume in boxing by far(p4p #1 on boxrec 4 yrs),but they have lomachenko ranked higher than him which is a ****ing joke,along with ggg above him. Hes only 27 & has fought more top opponents/names than anyone above him in current ranking. if canelo was black/white hed be worshipped by fanbois,& im not even mexican & can admit that. Just like the racist whites on here who have always hated on ward while slurping the ass klencher quitter.

Comment

• Good for him. If he's done, he's done - no use fighting on if the passion isn't there and the body can't take it anymore.

He retires on top, which is something very, very few boxers do.

This will infuriate the Kovalev fans who are desperate, absolutely desperate for a crack at some kind of redemption. With no third fight, they're left with the shattered image of their idol being battered and destroyed.

Comment

• Figure this one may not be permanent, but we'll see.

If a really big fight presents itself in a year or so, perhaps he'll return.

Either way, he had a great career.

Comment

• lol I called it! I knew the cheating lying and stealing fraud would retire hahahah

Comment

• seems like those two fights with krusher took a lot of out andrea.

Comment

• I'm a little disappointed, nit even gonna lie, but I can't knock a fighter on calling it quits. It's a brutal sport. Definite hall of famer, and it's amazing to imagine what he could've achieved during the time off.

I'll always appreciate him bringing out the biatch in the crybaby, and making the detractors mad.

Enjoy retirement champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                    Canelo will never get credit from the joke Boxing media & fanbois despite having the current best resume in boxing by far(p4p #1 on boxrec 4 yrs),but they have lomachenko ranked higher than him which is a ****ing joke,along with ggg above him. Hes only 27 & has fought more top opponents/names than anyone above him in current ranking. if canelo was black/white hed be worshipped by fanbois,& im not even mexican & can admit that. Just like the racist whites on here who have always hated on ward while slurping the ass klencher quitter.
                    Think about who owns Ring, then think about how ****** that sh it sounds. Then to say he's hated because he's Mexican? Those are the dudes supporting boxing in America. Ward, Kovalev, GGG, Crawford, all talented guys that couldn't sell. But let it be JCC Jr, and more PPV will be sold.

But it's the racist whites...

Comment

• I'm a little disappointed, but I don't blame him, like I said on another thread recently, you make as much as you can in this sport and you get out in good time,,,he's a true great and has nothing left to prove.

Comment

Working...
                      X