Golovkin had the worst connect rate on power shots of his whole career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin had the worst connect rate on power shots of his whole career

So you guys have decided to completely overlook the compubox stats huh

Golovkin had a connect rate of 31% in this fight. That's about 15% under his average. In comparison, he connected 41% of his power shots against Murray and 48.9% against Jacobs.

Canelo, on the other hand, connected 41.9% of his power shots. Now that's what I call EFFECTIVE aggression.

In addition, he had a better connect rate in every round except the 9th.

So, how in the fock was Golovkin robbed????

Edit:

Alvarez also OUTLANDED Golovkin by 4 on power shots even though Golovkin threw 100 more, so spare me those "but if err I throw one punch and connect one I beat you err durr" arguments.
    Last edited by KingHippo; 09-17-2017, 03:02 PM.

There was no robbery. It was a fight with so many close rounds but people tend to score for the guy coming forward, whether or not he's effective. Canelo was the one with the combos, eye catching shots, and body work every now and then.

I had it a draw 6-6.

Comment

So if Canelo would have 20 punches landed out of 20 thrown, that would make it 100% connect rate man he would deserve a 120-108 score right?

Effective aggression??? Haha when? Canelo was running backwards.

The fact that Canelo threw less, landed less, could never back Golovkin up but was running backwards the whole fight doesn't count right?

Comment

Any little thing for moral victories now? canelo fanboys take your L and keep it pushing

Comment

You don't get points just because you come forward; you actually have to do something with the aggression.

And missing a career high amount of punches and connecting at a career low rate is kinda noticeable, IJS...

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
            So you guys have decided to completely overlook the compubox stats huh

Golovkin had a connect rate of 31% in this fight. That's about 15% under his average. In comparison, he connected 41% of his power shots against Murray and 48.9% against Jacobs.

Canelo, on the other hand, connected 41.9% of his power shots. Now that's what I call EFFECTIVE aggression.

In addition, he had a better connect rate in every round except the 9th.

So, how in the fock was Golovkin robbed????
            You ever heard of the concept of 'reducto ad absurdum'? Maybe you should have a little think about how one would go about applying it to connect percentages as opposed to total shots landed. That said, of course you are correct that Canelo did a good job defensively and displayed excellent accuracy in the spells he was on the offense.

Comment

Saul ¨Sweet Pea¨ Alvarez!

Comment

cause you missed the most important statistic which was the total amount of punches landed. Thats quite important in a boxing match. The stupidity on this forum is getting ****ing unreal now.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                  There was no robbery. It was a fight with so many close rounds but people tend to score for the guy coming forward, whether or not he's effective. Canelo was the one with the combos, eye catching shots, and body work every now and then.

I had it a draw 6-6.
                  golovkin out threw canelo by 200 punches and outlanded him by like 75. golovkin landed more punches than canelo in 10 out of the 12 rounds

Comment

BECAUSE HE STILL LANDED MORE PUNCHES THAN CANELO. Lol at people trying to find any stats to try and justify the robbery

Comment

Working...
                    X