Golovkin had the worst connect rate on power shots of his whole career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
    So you guys have decided to completely overlook the compubox stats huh

Golovkin had a connect rate of 31% in this fight. That's about 15% under his average. In comparison, he connected 41% of his power shots against Murray and 48.9% against Jacobs.

Canelo, on the other hand, connected 41.9% of his power shots. Now that's what I call EFFECTIVE aggression.

In addition, he had a better connect rate in every round except the 9th.

So, how in the fock was Golovkin robbed????
    Percentages don't matter. I could throw one punch all fight and be at 100%. Should that win a fight?

GGG outlanded Canelo by 50+ punches. That's the bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
      golovkin out threw canelo by 200 punches and outlanded him by like 75. golovkin landed more punches than canelo in 10 out of the 12 rounds
      I don't use CompuBox to judge fights.

I didn't see Golovkin land many clean punches. That right hand he landed while Canelo was on the ropes was his best shot.

Comment

So you guys have decided to completely overlook the compubox stats huh

Golovkin had a connect rate of 31% in this fight. That's about 15% under his average. In comparison, he connected 41% of his power shots against Murray and 48.9% against Jacobs.

Canelo, on the other hand, connected 41.9% of his power shots. Now that's what I call EFFECTIVE aggression.

In addition, he had a better connect rate in every round except the 9th.

So, how in the fock was Golovkin robbed????
        yes because they are competely inaccurate. also your way of scoring makes no sense. so if a guy lands 1 out of 1 punch hes being more effective than the guy who landed 10 out of 20?

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
          Percentages don't matter. I could throw one punch all fight and be at 100%. Should that win a fight?

GGG outlanded Canelo by 50+ punches. That's the bottom line.
          So I guess if I throw 300 punches and I connect 2, the 298 misses are irrelevant since i outlanded you.

A1 logic right there.

Comment

Connect percentage isn't ALWAYS conclusive. Sometimes, having a lower connect percentage but landing more punches overall is a more significant factor. A boxer can throw and land just 1 clean punch during an entire round. That would make that boxer's connect percentage 100%. However, no matter how effective that one punch was, if that boxer's opponent lands more total punches and in the end those punches accumulate to be more effective, then that boxer will have the advantage and would be more deserved of the round by that criteria, even if their connect percentage was lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              So if Canelo would have 20 punches landed out of 20 thrown, that would make it 100% connect rate man he would deserve a 120-108 score right?

Effective aggression??? Haha when? Canelo was running backwards.

The fact that Canelo threw less, landed less, could never back Golovkin up but was running backwards the whole fight doesn't count right?
              Hitting nearly 50% of your power shots is the very definition of effective aggression. You don't get points for moving forward, that's not a focking judging criteria.

And please don't come at me with that stupid argument about who outlanded who, Alvarez landed 4 more power shots than Golovkin, even though he threw 100 more. Now how about that about for effective aggression?

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                Connect percentage isn't ALWAYS conclusive. Sometimes, having a lower connect percentage but landing more punches overall is a more significant factor. A boxer can throw and land just 1 clean punch during an entire round. That would make that boxer's connect percentage 100%. However, no matter how effective that one punch was, if that boxer's opponent lands more total punches and in the end those punches accumulate to be more effective, then that boxer will have the advantage and would be more deserved of the round by that criteria, even if their connect percentage was lower.
                Alvarez connected outlanded Golovkin by 4 power shots even though Golovkin threw 100 more. Now eat that.

Comment

Good, close fight that could have gone either way. I personally saw a draw so whatever lol.

Comment

Alvarez connected outlanded Golovkin by 4 power shots even though Golovkin threw 100 more. Now eat that.
                    Right! So what exactly did those 'power shots' do? What effects did those punches have on Golovkin which Golovkin's own punches couldn't match or exceed in EFFECTIVENESS? Otherwise, why should those punches by Canelo Alvarez be considered EFFECTIVE punches in the first place?

Comment

Canelo cum guzzlers be like compubox counts now. Roll out the compubox numbers even though they show canelo being outlanded by almost 100 punches lmao.

Comment

Working...
                      X