Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Confirms Return in May; Won't Commit to Golovkin Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    No they come to him in khazakstan now he's the A side
    Can he make the same money in Kazakhstan? I doubt it. If he could, he would've already done it! If he wants to fight at home, it won't be Canelo, Cotto, or Saunders. The only option would be Sergiy Derevyanchenko! I wouldn't mind seeing that, but I don't know if GGG wants that work!

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post

So I guess Canelo and Jacobs don't count.
      Don't forget the famously feather fisted Lemieux and Stevens

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
        Like how he kept missing Canelo? Landing partially blocked shots? Couldn't cut off the ring? Couldn't hurt him? Got outlanded in powershots % by a wide margin? Which part are you speaking of?
        You wanna talk compubox and ignore all the shots he landed canelo had no answer for his jab all night. He didn't cut off the ring?? Did you even watch canelo was on the ropes half the fight LOL, and If you think canelo wasn't hurt back peddling you're a fool canelo got blocked more than he landed lotsssoooo gloves.

Comment

Is it a rule that Canelo can only fight on Mexican holidays? If he is the supposed cash cow of boxing then why does it matter who he's facing or when. There's no reason he couldn't fight in January

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
            ggg also owed jacobs an immediate rematch because that result was just as disputed as this.. but so called fans and boxing "journalists" never pressed ggg to do it the way they pressed ward to fight kovalev. damn hypocrites.

ggg vs jacobs is unfinished business.
            I already corrected your other post but I guess I'll do it to this one as well.

There is no unfinished business between Jacobs and GGG. They fought. GGG was the aggressor the whole night. He landed more punches. He through more punches. He scored the only knock down. That the fight was so close despite all that shows how good a fight Jacobs fought.

There was no real controversy in the GGG vs Jacobs fight other than the one manufactured by Jacobs and the GGG haterz fan club. GGG vs. Jacobs was a close fight but the guy who scored the only knock down, threw and landed more punches and spent the entire fight as the aggressor won. There is no unfinished business. Jacobs didn't do quite enough to win. Should there be a rematch? Absolutely. Jacobs deserves one and it was a pretty good fight that is much more compelling than a lot of the possible alternatives.

As for Ward, Ward was obligated to give Kovalev a rematch because it was his contract just as Canelo has a clause in his contract that would obligate GGG to give him a rematch if he had won.

and canelo did not make ggg wait for sht. at any time little g could've dropped to 155 to make it happen but refused.
            Canelo won a belt in GGG's division. GGG was the mandatory contender for that belt. Canelo chose to run back to 154 rather than take the fight. Yes. Canelo made GGG wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Sincingship View Post
              Don't forget the famously feather fisted Lemieux and Stevens
              Whoops.
              Last edited by yankees7448; 09-17-2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                This is the smartest post I have ever seen in any forum, what forum, anywhere and in the history of civilization.

Nah, Just kidding, it is really a very stupid post.
                I know, what an idiot haha. The places some of these subversive Floyd fans will take their mind to feel right. Truth is, Canelo is the one who has something to prove at 160.. ifff we are to believe he's staying there. He edged a UD against a blown up battle worn Cotto for the WBC 160 strap and what.. ****ing just gave it back to Golovkin only to still not have it? It's clear as day what this is. It's a storied career of Canelo being carefully managed against undersized, average to mediocre competition, with no real sensational performances. Golovkin has strictly fought on the basis of anybody within 160 is fair game, and that he will prove it to anyone who challenges his supremacy there (not saying his resume is "elite" but that he has sensationally stopped almost everyone). Soo Cotto ducks him and fights Canelo. Canelo wins. Golovkin wants to win that belt from Canelo. Canelo vacates. Golovkin picks up the belt. They fight. Golovkin retains the belt. Canelo has gained nothing other than the chance to return to his 155 catch weight BS against future stars at 147 with the validation that he is okay with the outcome with GGG, and that the chapter is closed for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Canelo knows he lost & that's why he's brushing off the rematch..Probably to see if by then GGG goes up in weight..

Comment

Canella sweat down to 154 then fight night be 180 smart instead of ggg rematch incase of a cut your planning on ducking again amazing let him get 2 years older your so see threw

Comment

This is actually really simple. The fight was very entertaining and didn't disappoint. A rematch would be the biggest fight that could be made in boxing right now barring Floyd returning for any reason. Although Canelo can make tons of money elsewhere I doubt he can make MORE money fighting someone else. Golovkin represents his biggest payday and a chance at redemption and prestige, especially as many fans (and also around 95% of current or former world champions posting their outcomes on social media) feel as though Canelo lost the fight.

So if you truly feel like you won the first fight and the rematch represents a chance to make you the most money and the most prestige if you win it then why wouldn't you take the immediate rematch????

I don't see what would be holding Canelo back.

Comment

Working...
                      X