No announcement yet.

People thought ggg could actually compete with Ward, my god

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Ward is not a one handed fighter, you hardly qualified that. What body weakness is there a record of with Ward?

I evaluate fighters based on the skills they bring to the ring, and yes there are intangibles. I think Canelo, despite losing in a somewhat predictable fashion, "intangibly" put on a hell of a performance last night. If Canelo had the stamina to land cleanly for 3 minutes of a round and could inititate more exchanges he might have even actually won more rounds and made it interesting.

But what we know is the skill sets. Golovkin is unorthdox, as good defense and foot speed and can crack with either hand, but thats where it ends for him. Ward can also crack with either hand, is better defensively, a more accurate puncher, with less power, and then theres this whole other dimension of Ward fighting so well from all ranges. The proof is in the pudding, look at not only who Ward beat, but how he did it... Golovkan is nowhere near that level, he has not fought guys nearly as talented, and he has not been able to outclass a tough fighter like Canelo or Jacops...its in the coffee grounds!

Look at how ward set up Kovalev with a big punch when Ward is not a big puncher and moving up in weight, look at how he used a hook over Dawson's guard, to beat Dawson so fast, and look at how good fighters like Froch could not get to Ward. Who has triple G outclassed on that level? He beat Canelo for what it is worth... Ward used a left hook over Dawson's glove, a totally different strategy and punch than the punch he beat Kovlev with... He can also beat you to the body if need be. Adjustments based on the opposition, thats skills and greatness when it can be done to a fellow great fighter,
    Ward doesn't throw the right hand like he used to before the shoulder surgery but for that poster so say Ward has been a one handed puncher the majority of his career is absurd.

As far as adjustments I heard a fighter say fighting Ward is just as tiring mentally as it is physically because you have to constantly think every minute of every round.

Comment

we all know ward would have destroyed gggee people arguing otherwise are laughable. doesnt mean gggee isnt good tho

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
        Man GGG didnt look like no damn small MW fighter to me last night he looked huge
        Well because he was fighting against a guy who isn't a big MW either. A huge MW is Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
          Lmao.....he only legitimately wins fights against bums, which is why his resume is littered with them. He goes life and death with any opponent that isn't considered a bum.....ie jacobs and canelo.
          I agree. That doesn't change the fact that Ward should've been disqualified or penalized instead of getting a TKO victory in the last fight.

Comment

Ward would make him look like a child.

Comment

Canelo is a better p4p fighter than anyone ward has ever fought and he clearly won by 3-4 rounds. The **** are you talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                So then, the answer is before and has no relevant bearing to our conversation.

The bottom line is one fighter wanted a fight, and the other wanted tune ups
                Lol man I thought you were smarter than this. When the fug did golovkin ever want a fight? Or...should I ask, when was Loeffler and Sanchez going to risk him fighting ward? Or are we still on the 164 thing?

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
                  I agree. That doesn't change the fact that Ward should've been disqualified or penalized instead of getting a TKO victory in the last fight.
                  Ohhh, wahhhhh... stfu, the ref didn't call a foul a nd the nsac watched it a gain and said it was fine, gtfover it.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Ward doesn't throw the right hand like he used to before the shoulder surgery but for that poster so say Ward has been a one handed puncher the majority of his career is absurd.

As far as adjustments I heard a fighter say fighting Ward is just as tiring mentally as it is physically because you have to constantly think every minute of every round.
                    Threw that right hand hard enough to make kovalev do the Russian shuffle

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                      Like I said in the post you quoted, Hunter said they had unfinished business at 168. They weren't talking about Sergio at that point. According to them, Ward could still make 168. Dropping 4 lbs and then regaining those 4 lbs wouldn't have been that much of a problem.

And once again, the offer ward sent was for mid 2016 at 168. If he can make 168 many months later, why couldn't he make 164 in fall 2015? Where's the logic there?
                      You refuse to see the big picture so be it...stay salty stay stupid makes no difference to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X