No announcement yet.

People thought ggg could actually compete with Ward, my god

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Last nights fight was between 2 MW champs. No need for a CW.

Like you say, p4p means you can jump a class and be effective. Why couldn't Ward jump halfway to meet another p4p fighter? I mean, isn't that the whole premise behind p4p...if the guys were the same size... So why wouldn't we want two p4p guys meeting in the middle, rather than have the smaller guy being the only one to move in weight?
    For 2 reasons...1 Ward had proved himself in the super 6.
    2. 164 would clearly be too much weight to drop after a long layoff. Golovkin moving up 8 would really have only benefited him more imo.

Comment

I remember that. Loeffler did indeed keep Ward's name out his mouth until Ward mentioned GGG again. And none of that, not 154-168, not Froch, not Chavez Jr (That's just fuçking laughable to even compare), has any real bearing on the fact that the 168 champ didn't want to meet the 160 champ halfway.
      Take off your pink shades, your rose colored glasses the revisionist hour is in fool bloom, if you catch my spelling.

Ward had a choice to make, either go up or down. people said he would never fight Kovalev, at the time it was thought he might fight GGG to avoid KOvalev. Remember that?

If your Ward, you are not going to destroy the last twilight of your career by dropping then putting on weight, you choose a direction, at this time Kovalev was thought to be a much bigger threat that GGG, still is thought to be so really. SO WARD WENT UP! Knowing he had Barrera, then Kovalev in the horizon and that he would not have to struggle to make weight.

Ward could not have stayed at middle weight and catch weight fights are BS after he beat GGG which he would have done rather easily he would get the same BS they gave him when he beat the best fighter (so called) pound for pound (Dawson): "oh GGG was not at his weight", yada yada yada. Kovalev could make a lot less excuses in the final analysis.

There is no way ggg could ever touch Ward unless ward became less than able for external reasons, Ward has dimensions to his game that GGG does not have, like an inside game, like setting traps for guys that chase a puncher, etc. GGG is dangerous because he has endurance and can hit with either hand and has great power. I think he is also an excellent defensive fighter. But Ward is more accurate, is also amidexesterious, can hit with power when he has an opportunity, can fight at all ranges, and is a great defensive fighter. But the real difference is that which separates man o war from a fast horse: Ward can make adjustments in the ring. The geat ones can.
      Last edited by billeau2; 09-17-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
        For 2 reasons...1 Ward had proved himself in the super 6.
        2. 164 would clearly be too much weight to drop after a long layoff. Golovkin moving up 8 would really have only benefited him more imo.
        What does super 6 have to do with anything? Because he won a tourney in 2011 and 2012 he doesn't have to budge in weight? And I'm not buying that "Golovkin moving up 8 would really only benefited him.."

You say 164 is too low for Ward. I believe Ward himself said during that time 'I walk around at 180. 16 lbs isnt too much to lose ' (paraphrase).

At the end of the day, the 160 lb champ wanted to fight the 168 champ right in the middle. The 168 champ wanted tune ups instead.

End of story

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          Take off your pink shades, your rose colored glasses the revisionist hour is in fool bloom, if you catch my spelling.

Ward had a choice to make, either go up or down. people said he would never fight Kovalev, at the time it was thought he might fight GGG to avoid KOvalev. Remember that?

If your Ward, you are not going to destroy the last twilight of your career by dropping then putting on weight, you choose a direction, at this time Kovalev was thought to be a much bigger threat that GGG, still is thought to be so really. SO WARD WENT UP! Knowing he had Barrera, then Kovalev in the horizon and that he would not have to struggle to make weight.

Ward could not have stayed at middle weight and catch weight fights are BS after he beat GGG which he would have done rather easily he would get the same BS they gave him when he beat the best fighter (so called) pound for pound (Dawson): "oh GGG was not at his weight", yada yada yada. Kovalev could make a lot less excuses in the final analysis.

There is no way ggg could ever touch Ward unless ward became less than able for external reasons, Ward has dimensions to his game that GGG does not have, like an inside game, like setting traps for guys that chase a puncher, etc. GGG is dangerous because he has endurance and can hit with either hand and has great power. I think he is also an excellent defensive fighter. But Ward is more accurate, is also amidexesterious, can hit with power when he has an opportunity, can fight at all ranges, and is a great defensive fighter. But the real difference is that which separates man o war from a fast horse: Ward can make adjustments in the ring. The geat ones can.
          That's a lot of words.

Didn't Ward send GGG an email offer for a 2016 fight at 168? So, I don't want to hear about weight, or Kovalev, or any of that. Just excuses

Comment

Why are ya'll ragging on dude(GGG)? He was robbed less than 12 hours ago. All that would of been left was Saunders. That could of been December. He did his part and won. He has a terrible setback from his goals, not yours. Fuk Ward. You work so hard and get robbed and it changes everything. How do you Ni@@as hate someone who just want to unify all the belts? Now he has to wait on that red headed Irishman who traveled to Mexico with his Rosetta Stone (Spanish) on level 5. I'm black and I hope he whoops Canelo(again) and Ward. Trying to find someone bigger to beat him just so he can have a L. Fuk That and fuk Ward.

Comment

I have to laugh at these Ward load-garglers who insist that a 5'10" average size MW needed to move up to fight a 6'1" LHW. Yet, at the same time they insist that GGG was too big for Floyd when he offered to move down to 154. Te difference in size is comparable, yet the Ward/Floyd apologists love that double standard.

What you still don't get is that GGG is the bigger star than Ward. He doesn't need him, nor does he need to make any concessions to fight him. Ward postured as though he wanted a fight at 165, but he wasn't about to put himself in Dawson's disadvantaged shoes when he drained down meet Ward. Andre Ward will gain every advantage he can, and built his name on that over-hyped 168 tournament.

If you try to set your bias aside, GGG doesn't belong in the ring with Ward any more than he does with Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Ward a one hand fighter? explain that please? For the most part is not really an explanation lol. Golovkin's skill is not the issue, yes he is as good as the other top middle weights and light heavies right now...but your next statement? thats a real kicker! you seem to think GGG can beat Ward to the body. Come on man... if I didn't know any better I would think we are talking about Wards other brother, lets call him sam: a one armed fighter with limited skills to the body lol.
                Ward is one-handed. That has been very obvious majority of his career, or is he now not because he wobbled a tired kovalev with a right hand? He slaps with the right hand 90% of the time and ward has been hurt to the body before why cant golovkin hurt him to the body? One well placed bodyshot from golovkin can change a good bit. We are talking about the 168 ward not 175, and i'm not talking about this tired and slow golovkin, you seem to think this would be like a boy vs a man, like ward is 6'5, but again, golovkin is as good as the best ward has faced, if not better (intangibles and stamina better than kovalev).

But you can say whatever the hell you want, its a fantasy matchup, acting like golovkin literally stands no chance is far too stupid though, but do what you want.

Comment

What does super 6 have to do with anything? Because he won a tourney in 2011 and 2012 he doesn't have to budge in weight? And I'm not buying that "Golovkin moving up 8 would really only benefited him.."

You say 164 is too low for Ward. I believe Ward himself said during that time 'I walk around at 180. 16 lbs isnt too much to lose ' (paraphrase).

At the end of the day, the 160 lb champ wanted to fight the 168 champ right in the middle. The 168 champ wanted tune ups instead.

End of story
                  No tune ups...there was 1 interim fight for each fighter, golovkin had yet to prove he was elite... a fight with Ward would've proven if he really was, they didn't want it...Ward went to 175 (didn't offer a 172 cw btw) and took the belts there instead.

Golovkin has yet to prove himself. A draw and a close win vs 2 guys he was expected to KO, but wound up proving when you get in with guys B level or more, you look ordinary.

He and HBO have fooled most of you here, but I've never bought his bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                    No tune ups...there was 1 interim fight for each fighter, golovkin had yet to prove he was elite... a fight with Ward would've proven if he really was, they didn't want it...Ward went to 175 (didn't offer a 172 cw btw) and took the belts there instead.

Golovkin has yet to prove himself. A draw and a close win vs 2 guys he was expected to KO, but wound up proving when you get in with guys B level or more, you look ordinary.

He and HBO have fooled most of you here, but I've never bought his bull****.
                    What's the difference between a tune up and interim fight? You keep saying over and over "only 1 fight in between". The article has been posted numerous times which mentions the tune up/interim fight being in 2016. The offer was made in July 2015. Maybe that equals 1 tune up/interim fight for Ward, but Golovkin hadn't typically been waiting half a year between fights at that point. Further, if true, Ward would have been a fool to purposely avoid the Cotto Canelo card he had the opportunity to fight on

Comment

What's the difference between a tune up and interim fight? You keep saying over and over "only 1 fight in between". The article has been posted numerous times which mentions the tune up/interim fight being in 2016. The offer was made in July 2015. Maybe that equals 1 tune up/interim fight for Ward, but Golovkin hadn't typically been waiting half a year between fights at that point. Further, if true, Ward would have been a fool to purposely avoid the Cotto Canelo card he had the opportunity to fight on
                      Ok, you're being a hypocrite here. Ward should've met golovkin at 164, but meeting canelo at 157 was ABSOLUTELY out of the question right?

Ward had been out for years...and he shouldn't get a tune up first? Golovkin was about to fight lemieux next remember? So really time wouldn't have been an issue right?

Comment

Working...
                      X