Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The quality of the HBO commentary last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sifo View Post
    What happened to Larry Merchant?
    I liked Larry, but senility had clearly set in. When he started commenting during the first round, he'd finish the sentence at the final bell.

Comment

Roy is just awful as a commentator. I thought Foreman said some dumb shyt in his day, but Roy is out there. Max has always been a biased loudmouth and Lampley will always ride the house fighter. I really miss Emanuel Stewart at ringside. He gave the best insight and ringside analysis. Never thought I'd miss Larry Merchant, but I do now.

Comment

Max is so into demonstrating that he is a "historian of boxing" that he doesn't bother describing what is actually happening in the ring, he is so infatuated with name dropping boxers from the past.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Roy is by far the best commentator HBO has EVER had. I had nelo winning by one round.
          For sure Roy is a blessing to them. I think showtime has a great cast btw,most of the time agree with them and you cant tell that they're biased in some way

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            ... when Max Kellerman's the least irritating person behind the mike, you know it's gonna be a bad night. Lampley needs taking out like an old dog and given both barrels. Put him into pasture.

That bit in the first round: "JAB... JAB.... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB...."

What IS IT with these daft cunts that they seem to feel they have to fill EVERY second with NOISE?

If you haven't got anything to say then SHUT. YOUR. FUCKING. MOUTH. People are tuning in for informed commentary, not incessant bullshit. Lampley's obsession with the word "jab" had him calling left hooks "jabs" in round 9.

And Royston "Roy" Jones Jr. disagreeing with the other two on nearly EVERY point. Granted, they ARE cunts, and deserve to be disagreed with, but it's getting ridiculous now.

"And if you take a shit without dropping your pants, you'll get stained underwear."

"No, I disagree with that, Max, because if you done gone do how you do, then you do done gone do."

And "Triple G"? How many fucking TIMES did they say that??? Let's remind ourselves that "Triple G" isn't actually his fucking NAME. It's his nickname. It's like watching a Wilder fight, and repeatedly (and fuck me, do they repeat) saying "Bronze Bomber." Grow the fuck up.

In fact, they all need to fuck off. I saw another fight (Monroe vs Saunders) and I thought Richie "literally" Woodhall would be the most annoying cunt with a microphone last night. Sadly I was wrong. Because the thing about the UK commentary (and Showtime's, to be fair) is that they don't mind having SILENCE for more than two seconds at a time.

Shut the fuck up.
            Not saying I disagree with anything you say. I didn't hear the commentary initially for the fight and was more focused on the actual fighting to pay that much attention to their commentary on the replay. Of course I heard things here and there.

As for the Triple G I get what you are saying. Did they refer to Alvarez as Canelo or Saul or Alvarez? Would need to do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              ... when Max Kellerman's the least irritating person behind the mike, you know it's gonna be a bad night. Lampley needs taking out like an old dog and given both barrels. Put him into pasture.

That bit in the first round: "JAB... JAB.... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB...."

What IS IT with these daft cunts that they seem to feel they have to fill EVERY second with NOISE?

If you haven't got anything to say then SHUT. YOUR. FUCKING. MOUTH. People are tuning in for informed commentary, not incessant bullshit. Lampley's obsession with the word "jab" had him calling left hooks "jabs" in round 9.

And Royston "Roy" Jones Jr. disagreeing with the other two on nearly EVERY point. Granted, they ARE cunts, and deserve to be disagreed with, but it's getting ridiculous now.

"And if you take a shit without dropping your pants, you'll get stained underwear."

"No, I disagree with that, Max, because if you done gone do how you do, then you do done gone do."

And "Triple G"? How many fucking TIMES did they say that??? Let's remind ourselves that "Triple G" isn't actually his fucking NAME. It's his nickname. It's like watching a Wilder fight, and repeatedly (and fuck me, do they repeat) saying "Bronze Bomber." Grow the fuck up.

In fact, they all need to fuck off. I saw another fight (Monroe vs Saunders) and I thought Richie "literally" Woodhall would be the most annoying cunt with a microphone last night. Sadly I was wrong. Because the thing about the UK commentary (and Showtime's, to be fair) is that they don't mind having SILENCE for more than two seconds at a time.

Shut the fuck up.
              Kellerman and Jones are the only ones who know anything about boxing in the whole HBO crew. Just because they disagree with your biased DKSAB ass doesn't mean they're annoying.

Comment

not sure why posters make such a big deal about this?? yall watching the fight or listening to the commentator instead???

Comment

@ the bit about roy and max

Comment

If I went out for a meal and those 3 cunts were at the table next to me close enough that I could constantly overhear the shit they were spouting, I doubt I'd get through the starter without taking a steak knife to my wrists. The only chance of salvation would be if Roy accidentally touched his own chin while eating and put himself to sleep for the night.

Comment

HBO commentators sounded like groupies. All I can remember is them taking Canelo's balls out their mouth to cheer for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X