No announcement yet.

The Official: " El Chacal" Rigondeaux vs "Hi-Tech" Lomachenko RbR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    You created the older thread over 2 years ago. Back then I picked Rigo.

Why my mind has changed since then
    -Rigo will be 37 years old on fight night. Lomachenko will be 29, by all means in the prime of his career.

-Originally, the fight was being discussed for 126lbs. The fight will now be taking place at 130, which is more weight for Rigo to move up.

-Lomachenko is a fully fledged 130lber now, with four title fights at the weight which were all wins by stoppage. Including Martinez KTFO5.

-Since the original thread's creation date, Rigo has had 3 forgettable opponents and 3 forgettable performances against them. Loma has had 5 fights in the same time period, including a KO of Martinez and a stoppage win over Walters.

I don't see this fight being competitive. Lomachenko will win by KO. If you wish to call me a "flip flopper" because my mind has changed from over 2 years ago, so be it. But this post isn't the first time I've said that Loma wins by KO.
    I knew Bob was going to switch up on us like a tranny.

You make some good points though, bs aside, though I don't think age will affect Rigo here - he doesn't take much punishment, and he is a fantastic defensive fighter with power (power being the last major attribute to fade with age).

I think this must is much closer than you expect. This is the best opponent either would have faced professionally, and this might end up being the best win on Lomachenko's record if he wins when it's all said and done. Nevermind resumes, Rigo is a phenom. So is Lomachenko, and that's what makes this fight outstanding for boxing purists.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      Loma by close decision
      I think this is the most likely outcome as well.

Comment

Loma by UD, fight will be close. I ain't no flip flopper haha.

Loma won't be as active as he usually is, I believe he'll pick his spots more. He'll respect Rigo's counterpunching ability and power. Yeah, even though he's moving up, I think Rigo's power will be respectable enough so Loma won't attempt to overwhelm him with volume.

Some fans will have tears of joy, other fans will just cry like b1tches. Like pretty much every big fight.

Comment

Lomachenko all day, stoppage being it ,no-mas, k.o or T.K.o

Comment

great thread here, let's keep this ball rolling, this is my favourite fight of the year

Comment

Loma by UD. Rigo is daring to be great at this point....

Comment

Comment

Rigondeaux defence relies a lot on reflexes along with extremely high ring iq. At 37 years of age there is a high probability that Rigo has slipped in the former department and thus I will not be gambling on this fight. I will very much enjoy watching it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajvar View Post

Comment

Should've been at 126 and Rigondeax would've outclassed him in 12 rounds I can't believe Rigo people agree to move up two classes it's a joke really

Hopefully Rigondeax will Donaire him and Arum for this b1tch move

Comment

Working...
                      X