No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Why A Canelo-Golovkin Trilogy Is Best For Business

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Why A Canelo-Golovkin Trilogy Is Best For Business

By Andreas Hale - What the sport of boxing needs more than exciting knockouts is intense rivalries. And while rivalries aren't a new concept, a high profile rivalry has proven to be hard to come by. Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin have the opportunity to set the boxing world on fire on September 16th. And if we're lucky, it won't end with just one fight...
    [Click Here To Read More]

yeah Oscar and HBO got some more robbery shlt planned

Comment

It would be hard to make a trilogy after Canelo gets killed in the first fight. You wont even do a rematch.

Comment

When did Bob Arum get to involved in this event..

I want a KO, no need for a Rematch. Plus we got Loma vs Rigo ( once in a life time)
        2 2 Gold Medalist.

Jacobs and Charlo are waiting.
        ( should face each other)

Comment

Only Ward Gattiesque fights deserve trilogies. I don't think this fight will be of that caliber. It'll be a tentative fight with either a sudden KO or points win.

Comment

Talking about trilogies makes it sound fixed. You can't even guarantee that a second fight will be warranted.

Comment

Kinda early to be talking about trilogys bruh.. Can we see the first fight yet? If one of them wins convincingly, then it shouldn't be a trilogy.. and i think GGG will win easily after withstanding canelos fancy slap combs the first 3 to 4 rounds. Then its bye bye Nelo..

Comment

A trilogy would be best for G, but that's about it. This isn't going to be some blockbuster, it will do similar to Canelo-Chavez about a million. Canelo can get that with numerous opponents and he's not afraid to face them, coming up with excuses. If Canelo wins an easy fight or two; maybe Lemieux. Then Charlo in 12 or 18 months. If G wins, it will be an immediate rematch. but I would put money on Canelo. Canelo will outbox G. G is easy to hit. Isn't going to be a knockout, but a clear points win. Then G has nowhere to go. Maybe a Jacobs rematch, but Jacobs would probably face Charlo or Canelo first. After losing to his first real opponent, his ko's of some local clerk from 7-11 it will be noted that he was fighting a gas station attendant. Canelo will continue to get at least half a million ppvs every fight and a million or so for the better ones. And they both will continue to be divas.

Comment

GGG won't last the first one why bother forward?

Comment

After someone getting knock the **** out, there's no rematch

Comment

Working...
                    X