Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: Let's Be Honest - Who Has Golovkin Fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    The way people talk about Golovkin, you would think has beaten a load of club fighters and journeymen.

He's beaten some pretty good fighters and demolished a lot of them. I'm not saying the likes of Murray, Macklin, Geale, David Lemieux, Rubio etc.. are anything close to elite fighters but they are solid contenders and some world champions. Nobody has really destroyed the likes of Murray like Golovkin did.

Now who has Canelo beaten as convincingly as GGG has beaten his opponents? A corpse Chavez Jr? Domestic level Liam Smith, Kirkland who was inactive and been stopped in a round by Ishida, Khan who didn't have a chin at lightweight. Are they really significantly better opponents than Golovkin's dominant wins? No.

If people want to say GGG had problems with the best guys he faced...well so did Canelo. Arguably got a gift v Lara, struggled with Trout, had a decision with a well past prime Cotto in which some people had it scored very close.

Canelo has fought the better opposition, no disputing that, but has struggled also with the really good ones. He hasn't beaten a A or B level fighter in truly convincing fashion either.
    Well said!

Comment

Who at Middleweight was GGG supposed to fight? Cotto who is too small? Martinez who was practically disabled?

Comment

Shut the f*** up froch you wanted no part of golovkin!

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
          I can't see why he'd stop him. Carl didn't stop too many good durable fighters. He didn't stop the smaller Abrahams, he sought to jab him. Could he win a battle of jabs with Golovkin?
          Style make fights!

Abraham has a turtle shell guard and has never been knocked out!

Golovkin isn't as defensively responsible as Arthur and fights much more aggressive which is perfect for The Iron man from Nottingham!

Like I said, Golovkin would get stopped either Sanchez throws in the towel or the ref saves Golovkin from being battered unconscious!

Too strong, too much heart, too much grit, and never stops!

Comment

Froch still sour grapes because Golovkin told the press that Froch can't make a decision without first asking his wife . Froch should admit that he wanted no part of Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
              Danny Jacobs and only real opponent at age 34-35. I know CV means resume or whatever but wtf does it stand for? Lol. Help me out.

curriculum vitae

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                Style make fights!

Abraham has a turtle shell guard and has never been knocked out!

Golovkin isn't as defensively responsible as Arthur and fights much more aggressive which is perfect for The Iron man from Nottingham!

Like I said, Golovkin would get stopped either Sanchez throws in the towel or the ref saves Golovkin from being battered unconscious!

Too strong, too much heart, too much grit, and never stops!

Froch is a legend, and a tough SOB

Golovkin has fought nobody close to his level

there is nothing to suggest that Golovkin could beat Froch

if Froch hit Golovkin flush repeatedly, like Brook did, he stops him

Comment

Froch is a baby. Let's be honest...Canelo has never KOd a quality opponent. Canelo has fought nobodies other than MW, Trout, Lara and Cotto. In my opinion, he lost to all but Cotto who should have been a draw. So there, Carl.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                    Danny Jacobs and only real opponent at age 34-35. I know CV means resume or whatever but wtf does it stand for? Lol. Help me out.
                    Curriculum Vitae. Yes resume...lol

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                      Lemeuix bean kod before ggg,& lost to complete nobody in a row,Stevens is tiny 5'7" nobody who was sparked by lemeuix in 3 rds, Jacobs is the only elite fighter hes faced. Ggg is very skilled but many fighters can look good vs those opponents.
                      Canelo is 5'8" DOE. Tell Dwight Braxton that he wasn't a LHW. He was 5'6" Clown.

Comment

Working...
                      X