Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Canelo done in 2 years that gives him any edge over GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has been growing into his prime while Golovkin has been growing out of it.

Comment

Well... he's ran around a few luxury hotel suites in fishnets with Oscar. So he should have better stamina down the stretch.

Comment

so what GGG have done in last 2 years to prepere ,what great counter puncher he fought? 0 ,what great fighters has Ali fought before Liston? what great movers had Frezier fought before Ali ? its irrelvant ,there is no fighter in the world who can preper you to fight other guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
          Jacobs is damn good. It seemed like when GGG threw 1 punch Jacobs threw 3 back a lot of times which I can see Canelo doing also because like I said o believe early...Canelo has the reflex and counter advantage. GGG can come to Canelo,that's fine but Canelo isn't gonna just let him keep coming in untouched. Canelo with be throwing punches also.
          Jacobs was very good in that fight (which I felt he even won)...
          On another hand: I guess that Canelo might drop (even KO) GGG with one of his powerful counters... But I can't see Canelo beating GGG to the punch...

Comment

Lol
            Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Jacobs was very good in that fight (which I felt he even won)...
            On another hand: I guess that Canelo might drop (even KO) GGG with one of his powerful counters... But I can't see Canelo beating GGG to the punch...
            Beating GGG to the punch as far as...

Comment

Canelo should've made his ascension to 160lbs following the Cotto fight. He didn't have to fight GGG immediately but at least get acclimated to fighting Middleweights before stepping in with the very best one. I think that's going to cost him big in this fight. Canelo's not as a elusive fighter or "slick" as he's made out to be by some which would help him against bigger fighters. Without Canelo's punches being a factor in the fight he won't be able to hold off GGG JUST off his Boxing ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                so what GGG have done in last 2 years to prepere ,what great counter puncher he fought? 0 ,what great fighters has Ali fought before Liston? what great movers had Frezier fought before Ali ? its irrelvant ,there is no fighter in the world who can preper you to fight other guy.
                With all due respect, Canelo and Joe Frazier shouldn't be put in the same sentence together.

That being said, the difference in those comparisons is all those guys fought other HEAVYWEIGHTS. Canelo has yet to fight a legit Middleweight or any Middleweight at all, but we're expected to believe he's going to outbox / hurt the bigger more experienced guy at the weight? There doesn't seem to be any reasonable logic outside of people thinking Canelo's fights against smaller opposition with bigger names will be a big experience factor for him here. I feel that's a jaded way to view this fight. It's very similar to how people viewed Tito going into the BHop fight being the younger / big puncher moving up (who mind you, had a fight at Middleweight before fighting BHop unlike Canelo who's essentially going head first) and we found out how experience at the weight can carry over. I see the same happening here (not stylistically).

Comment

Nothing. For me It's his style. For others its the fact that Golovkin showed vulnerability against Jacobs. For me it's the counter punching style I see giving Golovkin problems. Golovkin's inside game is not strong either. His jab is excellent and I expect him to use it a lot. But it's not going to be easy for either one.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    With all due respect, Canelo and Joe Frazier shouldn't be put in the same sentence together.

That being said, the difference in those comparisons is all those guys fought other HEAVYWEIGHTS. Canelo has yet to fight a legit Middleweight or any Middleweight at all, but we're expected to believe he's going to outbox / hurt the bigger more experienced guy at the weight? There doesn't seem to be any reasonable logic outside of people thinking Canelo's fights against smaller opposition with bigger names will be a big experience factor for him here. I feel that's a jaded way to view this fight. It's very similar to how people viewed Tito going into the BHop fight being the younger / big puncher moving up (who mind you, had a fight at Middleweight before fighting BHop unlike Canelo who's essentially going head first) and we found out how experience at the weight can carry over. I see the same happening here (not stylistically).
                    names are irrelevant ,Canelo is future HoFer for sure doe ,ok so Duran beat SRL and he steped up from 140 to 147 ,and Ray was much better fighter then GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                      Also Canelo is making his 160lb debut and is a blown up smaller fighter. So if GGG wins don't act like a win over Canelo was that good. Also if GGG loses...
                      Ok, I won't give Canelo credit for any of his wins except Chavez then because he was the bigger guy every fight. Don't be a moron

Comment

Working...
                      X