Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Canelo done in 2 years that gives him any edge over GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
    Looks like you're not going to say anything objective about his improvements or give him an ounce of credit but I'll say this instead
    In two years golovkin has declined a bit and his last two fights have been tough back to back and they were both step ups in class and he will be stepping up even more vs canelo
    Tell me what you've seen him improve on. In the Lara fight he couldn't cut the ring off to land any punches at all. Since he's fought Kirkland( brawler), Cotto( small guy, hit Canelo as much as Canelo hit him), khan ( glass jaw), Smith( who?) Chavez (slob)

What improvements did he show? He's always been a good body puncher like in the Lara fight. He's had good upper body movement (trout fight) he's had good counter punching ability.
    Hes just looked better against worse opposition same as GGG. When they both fight better guys they don't look great.

Comment

He went to war against Khan and Chavez. Canelos endurance is beyond amazing.

Comment

Everything! and if you cant see it then you DKSAB!

Comment

Canelo is a great fighter who will probably be in the hall of fame and is GGG's best opponent so far. But yea you are right the past 2 years he hasnt really had a tough opponent.

Kirkland-Shot past it fighter with a glass jaw
          Khan-Blown up welter with glass jaw coming off year layoff
          Smith-No name fighter
          Chavez-Drained bum

GGG is his first real test in a while.

Comment

Canelo is a hell of a lot better than when Mayweather beat him. He would beat that same Mayweather now in my opinion. He improves with every fight. There is no boxer Canelo beat that GGG wouldn't knockout in my opinion. Lara, Cotto, Trout, Mosley, Kirkland, Khan and Chavez jr. GGG knocks out everyone of them no problem. In contrast Canelo would have a difficult fight with Jacobs and Lemieux. GGG has faced bigger, stronger harder hitting boxers than Canelo because his fights have all been in the middleweight division. Nobody Canelo fought hits as hard as Jacobs or Lemieux.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Canelo is a hell of a lot better than when Mayweather beat him. He would beat that same Mayweather now in my opinion. He improves with every fight. There is no boxer Canelo beat that GGG wouldn't knockout in my opinion. Lara, Cotto, Trout, Mosley, Kirkland, Khan and Chavez jr. GGG knocks out everyone of them no problem. In contrast Canelo would have a difficult fight with Jacobs and Lemieux. GGG has faced bigger, stronger harder hitting boxers than Canelo because his fights have all been in the middleweight division. Nobody Canelo fought hits as hard as Jacobs or Lemieux.
              I'm with op. I'm not sure what he improved on. Looks exactly the same when he fought mayweather as when he fought Smith. Only reason I watched the Smith fight also was because I had money on it going over 8 rounds. He let Smith walked him down. Same tendencies he had when he fought mayweather.

Only thing I can see an improvement on is his body shots. Gonna bet heavy on ggg on fight night closer to when it gets even money.

Comment

I just think he is the more skilled fighter

Comment

You can't crap on Canelo's opponents and be ok with GGG's outside of Jacobs. Canelo fought against diverent styles while GGG has fought stationary bums.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                    You can't crap on Canelo's opponents and be ok with GGG's outside of Jacobs. Canelo fought against diverent styles while GGG has fought stationary bums.
                    I don't care if he fought 20 different styles, what did those particular guys do for him to get him ready for what he faces Saturday and how did he improve any fighting those guys?

IMO he would have been better off fighting a Lemieux or Saunders at 160 rAther than any of those guys to acclimate him to the weight class and fight a solid MW. Instead he chose the biggest stiff for the most money he could find.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      Hearing a lot of people starting to pick Canelo to beat GGG this weekend.
                      Since 5-9-15 he's fought Kirkland, Cotto, Khan,Smith,Chavez Jr.

2 of those are glass jaw guys. 1 is a nobody.. 1 is a fat slob who stinks and 1 is a faded good fighter who spent the best years of his career at 140-147.

We talk about GGG not having that big name on his record or not being ready for what Canelo brings but what has Canelo done since the Lara fight that makes anyone think he's ready for what GGG brings based on fighting this bunch of guys the last 2 years? Before he got his face smashed in by GGG I'd pick Brook over Kirkland,Khan,Cotto, and Smith at 154.

People keep saying Canelo has gotten better, that he's learned since the Mayweather fight yet all I see is him in mismatches that make him look good. Little azz Cotto hit him all night long but couldn't hurt him because the dude was huge compared to him. Liam fking smith was putting that work on the guy in the corners but again had no power to hurt Canelo.

This dudes power is overrated, he has NEVER put out a good fighter.. NEVER... He will not KO GGG, i don't think he can even hurt him. If GGG starts landing that jab early this will be an easy fight for GGG...
                      I'll put you down as picking GGG

Comment

Working...
                      X