Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Pulev: 70,000 Tickets Sold, Attendance Record Broken!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    AJ can definitely become a global superstar but he needs to fight in America for that to happen.
    There is nobody worth fighting in America...

He sells more in his country than anyone in America... I totally disagree...

Comment

IMO If Anthony Joshua is the face of boxing... We are in safe hands. He can transcend the sport as long as he keeps winning.

Comment

If AJ is that big a draw over there, he'd be ******ed to come to the States to fight Wilder and/or Ortiz. If it sold that many tickets that fast, AJ has got to be getting some serious bank. Don't get me wrong, I'd still favor AJ, just Wilder is the only guy with a chance. But if I could make just as much fighting a stepping-stone as I could fighting the only guy with a chance of beating me, well, what fight would you choose?

This practically forces Wilder to face Ortiz next. Wilder has to make himself a star, make his name known to casuals. The only way to do that is by beating the best. AJ did it in just one fight. Against a proven Hall-of-Famer in a highly entertaining match with a highlight reel ending.

If you have Wilder vs. Ortiz on Fox or CBS and hype it up some, that could be big. Otherwise, AJ can literally make as much or more fighting on his home side of the Atlantic.

Comment

Too many haters.

In a 100 years time people will look back at these numbers and they'll think to themselves who the hell was this Anthony Joshua dude?

Apparently they just broke the record for the biggest indoor event in the history of sports.

Comment

Wow, impressive. He's become a hot ticket now, everyone wants to get to one of his fights.

I like the Principality Stadium, iv'e been there for the footy (when they called it the Millennium stadium), as well as Wembley, and i prefer the Principlaty.

Comment

Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
              I liked to see him fight in the US. Curious to see what his draw would be like.
              who cares when he sells this amount.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                There is nobody worth fighting in America...

He sells more in his country than anyone in America... I totally disagree...
                exactly,why even come over here? For what?

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
                  exactly,why even come over here? For what?
                  Because Eddie wants the US PPV money. He's said it multiple times.

They're coming to the U.S. to maximize earnings. They can't make those $100+ million figures without a US PPV fight. Just waiting on the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                    If AJ is that big a draw over there, he'd be ******ed to come to the States to fight Wilder and/or Ortiz. If it sold that many tickets that fast, AJ has got to be getting some serious bank. Don't get me wrong, I'd still favor AJ, just Wilder is the only guy with a chance. But if I could make just as much fighting a stepping-stone as I could fighting the only guy with a chance of beating me, well, what fight would you choose?

This practically forces Wilder to face Ortiz next. Wilder has to make himself a star, make his name known to casuals. The only way to do that is by beating the best. AJ did it in just one fight. Against a proven Hall-of-Famer in a highly entertaining match with a highlight reel ending.

If you have Wilder vs. Ortiz on Fox or CBS and hype it up some, that could be big. Otherwise, AJ can literally make as much or more fighting on his home side of the Atlantic.
                    They're going to try the US market for larger paydays. They've both said it multiple times. Eddie thinks he can pull off a $100+ million dollar event if timed right.

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
                      Sky and hearn have done a blinding job on the hype & proganda machine behind Joshua half the people that attend his fights are essex boy wannabes skinny jeans shaved ball bags type of casuals there to watch a ko and nob a random bird at the end of the evening ibis or travel lodge style I don't rate aj wlad pre 40's upto 38 would have took joshua out before the 7th he was let off the handle that's only my opinion though
                      I agree but how do you know their ball bags are shaved

Comment

Working...
                      X