Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Pulev: 70,000 Tickets Sold, Attendance Record Broken!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    Because Eddie wants the US PPV money. He's said it multiple times.

They're coming to the U.S. to maximize earnings. They can't make those $100+ million figures without a US PPV fight. Just waiting on the right time.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't just work that way. Just coming to the U.S. doesn't mean Joshua all of a sudden becomes a PPV star in the U.S. - and on top of that - he'll lose his gate money doing that.

Better move is to bring a US name to the UK and put it on US Pay-per-view...

And even more unfortunately, UFC's Stipe v. Joshua in the UK is a bigger fight than Wilder or anyone other current American Heavyweight...

Joshua v. Fury, Haye or even Bellew is a bigger fight than the Wilder fight... There are currently no American Heavyweights who anyone really cares about - Wilder is the closest and doesn't cut it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd Junior View Post
      They haven't been sold.

The resellers have just snappet up 80% of the tickets, that's all.
      Resellers snapped them up? Interesting wording.. In other words resellers bought the tickets.. So they have sold.

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
        Sky and hearn have done a blinding job on the hype & proganda machine behind Joshua half the people that attend his fights are essex boy wannabes skinny jeans shaved ball bags type of casuals there to watch a ko and nob a random bird at the end of the evening ibis or travel lodge style I don't rate aj wlad pre 40's upto 38 would have took joshua out before the 7th he was let off the handle that's only my opinion though
        Vlad was getting battered and dropped early in his career around his 19th fight.. AJ hasn't reached his prime yet.. If AJ was pre 38 against a Klitschko who only has 19 fights, AJ would've smashed him.. But those are all ifs and but and they are pointless.. History is written and the fact is AJ beat Vlad. He doesn't need us to rate him, that's going in the history books regardless if we rate it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
          Unfortunately, it doesn't just work that way. Just coming to the U.S. doesn't mean Joshua all of a sudden becomes a PPV star in the U.S. - and on top of that - he'll lose his gate money doing that.

Better move is to bring a US name to the UK and put it on US Pay-per-view...

And even more unfortunately, UFC's Stipe v. Joshua in the UK is a bigger fight than Wilder or anyone other current American Heavyweight...

Joshua v. Fury, Haye or even Bellew is a bigger fight than the Wilder fight... There are currently no American Heavyweights who anyone really cares about - Wilder is the closest and doesn't cut it at all.
          That's your view of the situation. But that's not what Hearn intends to do. He's been quoted on at least three occasions (first-time was the day after the Klitschko fight) detailing his plans to come to the US for the PPV money. How he plans to generate those buys isn't something I'd have insight on, but it's clear he wants to bring AJ to the US.

He said: 1st. Cardiff (Pulev), 2nd.Africa/Nigeria (?) , 3rd.US (Wilder). No reason at this stage to think he'll divert from that path.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            They were right. Joshua gained a great amount of publicity and fans from the Wlad fight. If the Wlad fight didn't happen this would be an 02 Arena fight.
            Lol no they wernt. It was always because of aj. You really think 90,000 brits would pay on the basis its waldimir klitchko after the ****show against Tyson fury? Before that there was the boring fight against David haye. Aj has gained a lot of exposure from the wk fight but he was always the reason those 90,000 tickets were sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Pusnuts View Post
              I agree but how do you know their ball bags are shaved
              Its the culture the essex boys go for certain hair cuts grooming routines all types of house music etc body hair less iv been there myself grew out that phase in my early twenties mate from essex

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                Vlad was getting battered and dropped early in his career around his 19th fight.. AJ hasn't reached his prime yet.. If AJ was pre 38 against a Klitschko who only has 19 fights, AJ would've smashed him.. But those are all ifs and but and they are pointless.. History is written and the fact is AJ beat Vlad. He doesn't need us to rate him, that's going in the history books regardless if we rate it or not.
                Good points although I still think ajs a crude puncher hes not the most skilled fury toys with him if and when he returns

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                  Resellers snapped them up? Interesting wording.. In other words resellers bought the tickets.. So they have sold.
                  Hearn has a special deal with Stubhub other resellers.

They have automated bots (they're not human beings) that secure 80% of the tickets and then put them up for sale their websites for double the price.

The article itself says the majority of the tickets are available on Stubhub for sale. If they're available for sale, then they're not sold yet.

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
                    Its the culture the essex boys go for certain hair cuts grooming routines all types of house music etc body hair less iv been there myself grew out that phase in my early twenties mate from essex
                    Of course but there's excited banter for the night ahead and then theres inspecting your mates ball bags lol

Comment

• Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                      AJ can definitely become a global superstar but he needs to fight in America for that to happen.
                      Why? The heavyweight seen in the US is still bad. Joshua is getting plenty of coverage already. I don't think he needs to fight in the US to be a global superstar.

Comment

Working...
                      X