I've had enough of Max Kellerman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel_T5 View Post
    you guys should listen to him on first take...he goes full ****** on there
    In fairness isn't that in the job description? Lotsa those ESPN sports shows seem like the more of a caricature of yourself you can create the more money they'll give you. Skip Bayless is the king of that sh^t. Can't fault Max for trying to get paid.

Comment

The whole HBO team is trash. Max can be good one day and terrible the next. Like on First Take, one day he's totally on point, he next day he'll say something just totally nonsensical. But hey it's entertainment I guess. HBO are just cheerleaders and First Take is basically two guys just arguing about something they don't truly believe in, but they do it to get people attention and make headlines etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Sky commentators both had Estrada winning 117-110, they were shocked when they heard HBO had Cuadras up 5-1 after 6 rounds.
        The Sky Commentators are some of the worst scorers in the world. Either that are they need to put down the bottle before scoring the fights. 117-110 for either man would have been a highway robbery.

I think anything outside of 114-113 for either man is a bad scorecard. This was a really easy fight to score.

Comment

Originally posted by jay543 View Post
          I miss Emanuel Steward
          ... Everybody with some true sense of this sport misses Manny Steward...

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            HBO guys arent sht compared to Al Beristain and the crew at Showtime.

I always loved listening to Al bernstein and steve farhood. These two guys are real experts and call it without bias.
            Bernstein is very good.

But Farhood is biased and has a gay-sounding voice. He's not as bad as Kellerman though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              LMFAO. I've never seen that, but as a fan of Bunce its not surprising in the least.

And I'm a fan of Max, but yea that HBO announcing of a fight is some of the worst announcing at the high levels in boxing that there is. They got their own lil narrative that they seem to try to go out of their way to spin & they don't just call the f#cking fight. Thats all I give a f#ck about is the fight.

Thats why I wish they had alternate commentary options to choose from or even a silence option where you could just hear the fight + crowd sounds & it muted out the commentary completely. And thats why streaming live sports is gonna be huge in 5-10 years cuz it'll give mfers more choice & fun in how they watch sports.
              There was some classic moments on Setanta, and from Steve Bunce back in the day! (He holds himself back slightly on boxnation these days, I have not actually watched his boxing hour for many months!)....

I am a supporter of Max Kellerman more with his pre-fight analysis, most commentators and journalist these days in my opinion can't really fully express themselves during fights! (There is always a agenda!).

But saying that? Steve Bunce is one of the very few that does not ever follow any agenda! (That is why Sky Sports don't like him!)...
              Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 09-10-2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X