Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
    hbo boxing as a whole is done.. the whole network gives off an elitist vibe
    Indeed.

Also, if anybody wants to talk about watching fights with the sound off to get a different perspective, i urge them to watch Bradley v Pacquiao I. HBO's commentary was absolutely awful that night, they called everything Manny did as landing when it was mostly hitting gloves and they stayed absolutely silent for Bradley's work.

That fight was much closer than Pacquiao fans want to admit. I probably had him winning but the decision could have really gone either way. That is one fight that genuinely skewed what people were seeing because of the commentary.

Comment

hes a ****ing dork. i dont know how him and some of the hbo crew got the job in the first place. say nothing of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
        HBO was obviously in the tank for Cuadras. They ignored just about all of Estrada's excellent work early and his impressive work as the rds went on. I am surprised HBO did not just ignore the knockdown and talk over it about how Estradas is not doing enough. For example, Estrada wobbled Cuadras with a right had just before the end of the 9th rd (same punch he knocked him down) and HBO refused to call it.
        Sky commentators both had Estrada winning 117-110, they were shocked when they heard HBO had Cuadras up 5-1 after 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
          Here is a old video of Steve Bunce getting angry with Max Kellermen, me personally I think Max Kellerman is alright! But when he first started out? I did find him slight annoying, since the he has come into his own game!

LMFAO. I've never seen that, but as a fan of Bunce its not surprising in the least.

And I'm a fan of Max, but yea that HBO announcing of a fight is some of the worst announcing at the high levels in boxing that there is. They got their own lil narrative that they seem to try to go out of their way to spin & they don't just call the f#cking fight. Thats all I give a f#ck about is the fight.

Thats why I wish they had alternate commentary options to choose from or even a silence option where you could just hear the fight + crowd sounds & it muted out the commentary completely. And thats why streaming live sports is gonna be huge in 5-10 years cuz it'll give mfers more choice & fun in how they watch sports.

Comment

I miss Emanuel Steward

Comment

I agree with the threadstarter. Max Kellerman is awful.

He always has an agenda favoring one fighter or another. And he's not subtle about it, he makes it too obvious.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather ended HBO

Comment

in one of the fights he said ward hurt kov to the body then went after him to finish him......cept that never happened. ward hurt kov with a head shot and then when after him with body low blows but there was never any legit body shot that hurt kovalev as confirmed on video. every time kov reacted he was hit low. he must have been referring to hte low blows as legit body punches? did his mind make up an alternate reality? a fanboy with a platform is a dangerous thing to spread his propaganda.

Comment

HBO guys arent sht compared to Al Beristain and the crew at Showtime.

I always loved listening to Al bernstein and steve farhood. These two guys are real experts and call it without bias.

Comment

Not a fan of the guy and welcome any replacement.

Comment

Working...
                      X