Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward Beats Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I like Usyk there. I think he might be too big.

That 175 to 200 jump is a big ass jump & the worst jump to make in boxing. Respect to Ward, but I think that might be too much of a problem for him.

I wouldn't hate to see him make the attempt doe to try to fight whoever wins this WBSS tournament this time next year & I think its a solid choice to make if Ward has only got 2 or 3 fights left in his career as I suspect. I mean if he can go out after taking over 168, 175 & then 200 if he beats the WBSS winner & then moves up to HW to fight Joshua (as crazy as that still sounds to me, but they seem like thats something they wouldn't mind getting) or Wilder that could get mfers talking about Ward as the ATG & all that sci fi fantasy bs if he could go out with his 0 & that sorta schedule. Epic sh^t potentially & I'm a cat who's always liked & respected Ward, but never really liked his style or personality, but I'd be f#cking excited to see things go down like that & to see Ward somehow find a way to come out on top.

Comment

This dude is 25 lbs heavier and better than Kovalev in every aspect I think. Let's not get crazy here. Ward is a great fighter but noooooo

Comment

It's a very big jump from LHW to Cruiser. I don't know whether Ward's speed and athleticism would be able to cope with an additional 25lbs.

I suppose Usyk doesn't have that genuine one-punch power but he's still a legitimate cruiser and would hit a lot harder than LHWs, and it's not like he's slow or lumbering so Ward would not have much advantage there.

Certainly if Ward can get past guys like Usyk and Briedis, I don't see why he couldn't go all the way up to heavyweight, as long as he picked the right fights.
        Last edited by keith_head; 09-09-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_head View Post
          It's a very big jump from LHW to Cruiser. I don't know whether Ward's speed and athleticism would be able to cope with an additional 25lbs.

I suppose Usyk doesn't have that genuine one-punch power but he's still a legitimate cruiser and would hit a lot harder than LHWs, and it's not like he's slow or lumbering so Ward would not have much advantage there.

Certainly if Ward can get past guys like Usyk and Briedis, I don't see why he couldn't go all the way up to heavyweight, as long as he picked the right fights.
          Does Ward have speed in comparison to Usyk ?

Comment

Bump -

Andre Ward would neutralize Oleksandr Usyk.

I have Andre Ward 8 rounds to 4 when they fight.

It's no coincidence Ward tweeted this the week of this fight(Usyk vs Breidis): https://twitter.com/andreward/status/956018014046040064

And FightHype puts this video out the morning of the fight:

They're not fooling anybody lol.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              I feel like Ward has the tools to neutralize Usyk, as fantastic of a fighter as I think Usyk is. I think he's the best cruiserweight in the world, but I remember the success Michael Hunter had against Usyk and now Huck although completely outclassed and not on Usyk level, styles make fights and Huck had his slight moments.

It is because of this I think Ward moves up, if he can get by Bellew(which I think he will) I think he beats Usyk as well.

Before people think I'm either trolling or that I'm just crazy, I remember predicting something in the past people laughed at me for.

Example:

Time will tell if I was correct about GGG. Has only fought Jacobs and Jacobs beat him in my eyes and in the eyes of many others.
              LOOOL PLEASE BOY. Andre needed all the help he could, and he barely beat kovalev.

Comment

Usyk would expose ward

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                  Bump -

Andre Ward would neutralize Oleksandr Usyk.

I have Andre Ward 8 rounds to 4 when they fight.

It's no coincidence Ward tweeted this the week of this fight(Usyk vs Breidis): https://twitter.com/andreward/status/956018014046040064

And FightHype puts this video out the morning of the fight:

They're not fooling anybody lol.
                  andrea is full of ****. usyk will school that down syndrome looking bitch.

Comment

Lol Usyk would destroy Ward and frankly, so would Briedis.

Ward is going to jump straight up to heavyweight so he can beat Tony Bellew for a payday.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Usyk has his instances where he does amateurish things in his fights. Versus Ward, he will be doing those amateur mistakes for 12 rounds and lose a decision. I'd like to think that people saying Usyk beats Ward is joke that is shared by some people here, maybe an inside joke.

I think there's a secret underground society in NSB, a social group, that takes goofy fighters who have obvious flaws, and decide to troll in the forum, hyping them up for ****s and giggles. Like "Usyk is the best moving fighter P4P for his size", "Usyk has the best movement of any fighter from 160+", and finally, being excited for Usyk vs Huck, a 20 to 1 underdog.

I fell for the trolling, i'm being baited and antagonized. This secret society is a much intelligent, more organized, and less obvious version of the group that was sarcastically hyping up Ali Raymi (RIP, 25-0, GOAT).
                      Dips on all points, sig and avy bet with you when/if that fight happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X