Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: My Son 'Did Not Train' for the McGregor Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd didn't do **** but bully, beat up, and stop the younger bigger man...he carried that hobo and didn't even have to go in his toolbox...he just sonned that ufc mfer ...didn't seem like he had to train the way he dictated policy in the ring...Floyd Sr. be saying some crazy **** but I believe this one

Comment

• A half-assed, old man Floyd pounded the much younger and bigger "best MMA fighter on the planet."

It is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
        Can't beat the #1 when you ARE the #1. The times you where he wasn't fighting #2 or #3 at WW were when Pac and Bradley held those roles.
        Fair enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
          Thats actually the next fight. Mayweather vs Bieber. Former friends turned foes.
          The said thing is that it will sell and his fanboys on here will pay to watch it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            900k for Guerrero. 450k for Berto I think. Those were the lowest ones. Who else in boxing does numbers like that versus that respective level of opponent. You're LOLn while proving the guys point. There is a reason why Golovkin said Mayweather was his dream fight. $$$
            umm no its was 350k for berto 850k for guerrero 300k vs gatti 300k vs judah 250k vs boldamir get your numbers straight and than get back to me Floyd has been a genius I am not going to denied that but he need a good dance partner to do those numbers and he does them not because of his fans but because of his opponents fans that buy the fight floyd vs thurman would do like 400k PPVs

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              Fisrt three were between 300k - 400k

Maidana (both) were between 900k - 1 million

Ortiz was 1.2 million

Guerrero was 950k - 1.1 million

Berto was 350k - 450k

It's still a higher average than any other boxer from this time period. If we only include these fights.

Conservatively, if we take the low end of his ranges it averages out to 650k in PPVs. That beats anybody else since the year 2000, against opponents who were not adequate B-sides (PPV caliber)
              I agree with you im a huge floyd all im saying is floyd does good numbers vs fighters with solid fanbase like mexicans and over the pond fans cause we support our fighters how many PPV do you think a floyd vs spence would do?

Comment

• Originally posted by elcashanilla View Post
                I agree with you im a huge floyd all im saying is floyd does good numbers vs fighters with solid fanbase like mexicans and over the pond fans cause we support our fighters how many PPV do you think a floyd vs spence would do?
                Floyd does good PPV against fighters with a base or those with some familiarity to a broader mainstream audience. Your argument is premised on a flawed assumption. (The implications of which I won't entertain) Spence isn't there yet.

But if Floyd were to fight say Broner, Crawford, or Thurman he clears 900k minimum.

Doing well on PPV is a science, and it seems from the historical data, outside of the HW division, Floyd is the only fighter who's truly mastered it. Manny and Oscar are battling it out for second place, but their numbers just don't stack up to any objective analysis.

Selling 400k in PPVs to fight Berto is no small feat by any measure. That's around Oscar and Manny's career average in sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                  Floyd does good PPV against fighters with a base or those with some familiarity to a broader mainstream audience. Your argument is premised on a flawed assumption. (The implications of which I won't entertain) Spence isn't there yet.

But if Floyd were to fight say Broner, Crawford, or Thurman he clears 900k minimum.

Doing well on PPV is a science, and it seems from the historical data, outside of the HW division, Floyd is the only fighter who's truly mastered it. Manny and Oscar are battling it out for second place, but their numbers just don't stack up to any objective analysis.

Selling 400k in PPVs to fight Berto is no small feat by any measure. That's around Oscar and Manny's career average in sales.
                  Last response you get from me look at Oscars numbers on the same year both he and floyd were PPV atractions whos has better numbers you are telling me that Judah vs floyd did better numbers than oscar vs mayorga or that in 2005 gatti vs floyd did better numbers than oscar vs hopkins come on man dont waste my time like I said Floyd became floyd thanks to oscar and picking mexican and Europe fighters him and broner dont crack 300k and you know it berto was a well known fighter and they only did 400k LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                    The truth is Pac was ktfo on multiple occassions and Floyd never came close to being kod.
                    But the truth is floyd without IV to hide the PEDS is just an average boxer. A below average boxer will kill gregor in boxing match.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                      But the truth is floyd without IV to hide the PEDS is just an average boxer. A below average boxer will kill gregor in boxing match.
                      You clowns are irrelevant now. Even HGH couldn't rescue Pac later in his career or against Horn.

Comment

Working...
                      X