Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trout: Jacobs Exposed Golovkin; Canelo Will Beat Him On Points

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Mexican and British boxing commentators thought Jacobs won the fight. That's a fact.

You might disagree which is fine. But what bias do you think they had?
    GGG crushed Macklin, Murray and Brook. Had he lost, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to crush Candelita....a Mexican, considering he already crushed Rubio.

They have a reason to be biased.....GGG says he fights in "Mexican style" for crying out loud.

Comment

I don't think one has to be biased to think Jacobs won. And I also don't think Jacobs' work was overrated.

Keep in mind that knowledgeable sources such as TV Azteca and the British commentators scored the fight for Danny Jacobs.
      Jacobs won that fight straight up. They just didn't want Canelo-Golovkin to be shot down so they gave Golovkin that decision.

Comment

Mexican and British boxing commentators thought Jacobs won the fight. That's a fact.

You might disagree which is fine. But what bias do you think they had?
        I laughed about the "knowledgeable sources"

Comment

• Canelo has a totally different set of skills than Jacobs. Unfair comparison between both guys that don't even have the same body type.

If Canelo slows down Triple G with his counters then it will be a competitive fight. You need legs to beat G and Canelo's slow legs will make him rely on his counters.

Also triple G has a very good jab when he employs it

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
            Jacobs won that fight straight up. They just didn't want Canelo-Golovkin to be shot down so they gave Golovkin that decision.
            How did he win? By getting up from a knockdown? By being outlanded? By not landing clean punches?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              I laughed about the "knowledgeable sources"
              You don't think the commentators in the boxing hotbeds of Mexico and Britain know what they're talking about?

Comment

You don't think the commentators in the boxing hotbeds of Mexico and Britain know what they're talking about?

another post from you that should remain reply-less

my my, aren't you being difficult today

yea, even the HBO staff said that there was nothing in that fight

and after the fight ended, Kellerman said that the result was in doubt

there was little/nothing in that fight

Comment

• Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                  How did he win? By getting up from a knockdown? By being outlanded? By not landing clean punches?
                  By controlling the pace of the fight. By making Golovkin miss specifically in the early rounds. By not backing down when Golovkin tried to press after the 5th round when Golovkin clearly won the 4th and 5th round.

So how did Golovkin win? And since he won by decision, I'd like to know what other 4 rounds he won.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                    By controlling the pace of the fight. By making Golovkin miss specifically in the early rounds. By not backing down when Golovkin tried to press after the 5th round when Golovkin clearly won the 4th and 5th round.

So how did Golovkin win? And since he won by decision, I'd like to know what other 4 rounds he won.
                    3, 9, 11, 12 and the first two were draws. Jacobs did not make GGG miss.. In the second round according to compubox GGG landed 60% of his power shots in that round. His connect rate at 29,5% for jabs and 48,6% for power shots were actually higher than the percentage than against Murray
                    Which was 25% and 42%.

Comment

Working...
                    X