Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want Pacquiao-Mayweather to stay #1 PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want Pacquiao-Mayweather to stay #1 PPV?

Since it's a boxer vs boxer fight, with it being a more worthy fight to hold this PPV record forever and so on(Lets be real here, Mayweather's numbers are never gonna be broken). Or do you want the Conor fight to surpass it(doesn't seem likely now but it's about your will) simply because you have your own reasons for wanting to see the record broken now.
    The Pacquiao fight
    86.96%
    The McGregor fight
    13.04%
    Last edited by BKM-; 09-06-2017, 02:56 PM.

The Mayweather Pacman fight should be #1 not sure why more people would want to tune in to see one of the best ever fight a UFC fighter who had never set foot in an official boxing match

Comment

Well fans actually enjoyed the McGregor fight while the May Pac fight was panned by both the hardcore and casuals as a massive disappointment. I think ESPN is going to do 30 for 30's on what a failure May/Pac was, I'd rather just pretend that fight didn't happen tbh.
      Last edited by Floyd is TBE; 09-06-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Who cares about Pac vs May being a record? It fucking sucked! Anticipating & buying that fight is like finally getting that coveted Ferrari, only to find that the engine came out of a Supra! A NA engine & not even turbo at that!

Comment

It's also more of a credit to boxing when the biggest boxer vs biggest MMA fighter with unfinite promotion in comparison to Pac-Floyd, and had fans from two sports tuning in, still couldn't beat a fight between two boxers.

Also the gate records are out for those who missed it.
          v Pac 72,198,500
          v Conor 55,414,865.79
          v Canelo 20,003,150
          v DLH 18,419,200
          72+will never be broken.

Comment

I genuinely don't care, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the Pacquiao fight.

Comment

I wouldn't care for those reasons & in particular after the fight I didn't really care since the aftertaste of Floyd vs Conor was much better than the aftertaste of Floyd vs Manny..

I think having bigger numbers today vs yesterday is in generally always better for boxing doe so yea it'd have been better if Conor vs Floyd broke the Floyd vs Manny record just cuz it'd have happened in 2017.

Comment

Not gonna lie, would prefer Manny/Floyd to hold the record, just because I'm a Manny fan, and want him to be attached to the most successful boxing match in the history of the sport.

Just being honest, but at the end of the day, not gonna lose sleep over some numbers I'm not getting a red cent from.

Comment

It really should be Mayweather - Pacquiao because that fight has much more significance. Much more build up. Top 2 best boxers P4P. Even if a little bit past their primes.

Mayweather - McGregor was nothing more than an exhibition, which in the world of their respective sports, was absolutely meaningless.

Ironically though, as stupid as Mayweather - McGregor was, it was more fun to watch.

Comment

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight should be the record holder. It was a fight between the two best welterweights in the world at that time. A well trained, highly motivated Mayweather fought his best and won even if the fight lacked excitement. The Conor vs Floyd fight was a strange fight. Conor didn't show the punching power he said he would show us and never seemed to bothered Mayweather with any punch. He won a few early rounds with a strange boxing style mainly because Mayweather was throwing almost no punches at all. The Mayweather who showed up to fight Conor was very slow and sloppy compared to any Mayweather of the past but he was still good enough to gas out and knock out Conor without really trying hard at all. At least the people who paid for Pacquiao vs Mayweather saw the all time great Mayweather in action against a worthy opponent. The Mayweather who fought Conor wasn't the real Mayweather and he looked bad. Conor did OK for an MMA fighter but it's plain as day he has no chance to beat a high ranked active pro boxer his weight. He probably would get knocked out in the first round by Spence, GGG, Jermall or Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X