Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather in your Top 10 ATG? Name your Top 10.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
    Take the name your 40 challenge please.
    Haha. Do i get paid salary for the time? Aint ****ting on mayweather but boxing been around forever i didnt think top 40ish was gonna get this kinda bulge lol

Comment

No he's not.

Oh wait, now he is!

Comment

Take the name your 40 challenge please.
        But just to name a few in the past couple decades that i think woulda beat him around his weight classes, leonard, duran, hearns, pryor (especially with the home mix bottle lol), meldrick taylor, chavez, prime mosley, prime dlh (i mean the past prime dlh gave him good but lost), never know what woulda happened with prime pac, margarito (pre controversy), castillo (who many believe beat him). There have been so many special talents. And this is just since mid 80's list of fighters in his weight classes. I do believe mayweather was a special fighter and was also good for boxing in his own way. So no way a disrespect in saying top 40ish fighter of all times covering the history of boxing in all weight divisions. See i dont even need to name 40 in history for you. I can name around ten in the last 30 yrs or so, and remember the old timers even thought 80's were soft and big dropoff for boxing

Comment

I'm not going to do the traditional thing and rank fighters I've never seen any footage from. That's illogical to me.
          lol no kidding. One day it will be a thing of the past to do that, just like the pre-marquess of queensbury boxers are no longer ranked.

Look at the greats who are consistently ranked in these lists:
          greb, srr, armstrong, pep, charles, tunney, langford, benny leonard etc. Most of these men have less than half of their career on films, some almost no footage and one of them zero seconds of fight footage.

Comment

top 10, no way in hell, only idiots would put a fraud even at top 50!

Comment

I got him around top 10 to 20 range.....

Comment

1. Ali
                2. Robinson
                3. Leonard
                4. louis
                5. Duran
                6. Armstrong
                7. Pacquaio
                8. Morales
                9. Roy Jones
                10. Benny leonard

Comment

People are funny, and quick to use the Joe Walcotts, Ezard Charles, Joe Walcotts of the world to flesh out their list..

I find it funny that people will rate fighters they have only hazy recollections and news articles of to come up with 20-30 names to put in front of the best fighter in the last 20 years. Alot of the past fighters had 100's of fights which aren't all on video of in the public domain, took dives for money, fake knockdowns, etc. They were definately tough as nails but most of them by today's standard couldn't fight. Very little technique, no blocking, just stood in front of each other swinging.

If the earliest boxing footage is from 1910, then on average there are nearly 4 fighters per decade more accomplished than Floyd. Actually, mathematically not true because if Floyd dominated a decade and was the most accomplished, then there are 5 fighters per decade greater than him, and nobody else great from this era.

So we're all just watching a sport where everybody's currently trash but we've ran out of black and white footage to rewatch of real fighters. Let's all run home to watch Joe Louis vs Max Schmelling on a Saturday night.
                  Last edited by whoelsebutjames; 09-02-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                    lol no kidding. One day it will be a thing of the past to do that, just like the pre-marquess of queensbury boxers are no longer ranked.

Look at the greats who are consistently ranked in these lists:
                    greb, srr, armstrong, pep, charles, tunney, langford, benny leonard etc. Most of these men have less than half of their career on films, some almost no footage and one of them zero seconds of fight footage.
                    I have no idea how you rate that sort of thing. You can tell me mayweathers a fraud, Ali was a heavy bag, and Duran was quitter. Fine. But Armstrong, Langford, and pep-- I don't seriously know how you rate that sort of thing .

Comment

I have him and manny in my top 30. The guys higher than that had higher level wins, srl fought less than him but he beat haggler(still on a terror), hearns(prime) and duran(prime) and beneitz(prime), those four wins beat all of money's big wins by far, so i could put him any where near SRL on atg list......SRL and duran is in my top 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X