Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. claims Conor was badly concussed, Byrd should be considered a hero!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
    I dont doubt that Conor received a concussion, but extreme fatigue can certainly affect your balance and co-ordination– especially when you're trying to accomplish an explosive motion. Ever tried pad work when you're completely ****ed?
    How long would a suspension be for a concussion? Question for anyone who'd know.

He got a 6 week contact suspension & a 2 month suspension from competition.

Edit: I'd assume the suspension would be longer for a concussion, but looking at the Bradley vs Provo fight Bradley just got a 45 day suspension. And I believe Bradley was confirmed concussed from that fight.

So who f#cking knows maybe Conor did get a concussion. The commissions don't seem to take that sh^t seriously if Bradly just got 6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post
      As I said posted a month ago, his head aint as durable as Floyds. That was shown when Diaz wobbled him but then thats also what got him the fight with Floyd in the first place..lol

But his trainers did an excellent job in having him fight as relaxed as possible. Id say Mayweather was expecting a Maidana type attack but Connor did just the opposite. They should have never signed for a 12 round fight though against the best conditioned boxer

then they wouldnt have gotten the fight lol.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        then they wouldnt have gotten the fight lol.
        True that!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          would 10 oz gloves have made his stamina better??? actually it would have made it worse since they are heavier. he just wasnt ready to fight 12 rounds, or 10 rounds. maybe 8.
          I think he's a 10 minute guy. He did well for 3ish rounds & all but 2 of his MMA fights have ended in 10 minutes or less. So 4 rounds woulda been right up his alley.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            ive tried swinging on my friends when im drunk. is that the same thing?
            Imo its a much higher skill level. I mean you're probably seeing like 2 or 3 of the same friend, which means it's 30% less a chance of it landing.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Moral victory doe, he went 10rds with tbe doe, he won 3rds doe. lol, Conor shouldve stuck with 10oz gloves.
              I told so many casuals that...
              But they say “Conor’s the puncher”

Then I say no Floyd is the pun....nvm....**** it

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                Moral victory doe, he went 10rds with tbe doe, he won 3rds doe. lol, Conor shouldve stuck with 10oz gloves.
                Lmao, careful bro.

You're gonna get dudes mad on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  How long would a suspension be for a concussion? Question for anyone who'd know.

He got a 6 week contact suspension & a 2 month suspension from competition.

Edit: I'd assume the suspension would be longer for a concussion, but looking at the Bradley vs Provo fight Bradley just got a 45 day suspension. And I believe Bradley was confirmed concussed from that fight.

So who f#cking knows maybe Conor did get a concussion. The commissions don't seem to take that sh^t seriously if Bradly just got 6 weeks.
                  No idea, I did see the 2 month suspension in the news though.

Comment

MMA Guys...and this is no disrespect because I'm a HUGE MMA Fan just like boxing but as posted before the fight they don't have the Punch Resistance of a Boxer! It is impossible to expect them to have it when many of them come from Greco-Roman or Freestyle Wrestling, Judo, Karate, Jiu Jitsu and other forms of Martial Arts in which they really don't get hit much if at all during their Training of those Arts. Compared to a Boxing who many been taking punches since they was Kids.

Byrd made the right choice! If he didn't stop it he would've go dropped and due to fatigue also settling in he wasn't going to get up. Byrd stopping it when he did kept his reputation somewhat in tact!
                    Last edited by sicko; 09-01-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P.K Dionysus View Post
                      Lmao, careful bro.

You're gonna get dudes mad on here.
                      lol, I dont mean any disrespect to anyone. Im just a realist man, theres no 2nd place in fighting. Hell as a dad, Im not 1 of those that hang up participation ribbons. My boys know they can go place those in the drawer.

Comment

Working...
                      X