Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I plan to actually buy Canelo/Golovkin @ $65. Not MayGregor @ $100.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I plan to actually buy Canelo/Golovkin @ $65. Not MayGregor @ $100.

I said before in an old thread.

I am a Floyd Mayweather fan. Have been for his whole career.

I am at least a partial fan of McGregor, though I much prefer other MMA guys like Mighty Mouse from a style perspective, I think McGregor's tough and worth a look every now and then.

It's not a money problem, I've got the money. In fact I just got paid. But, I won't be buying OR free streaming MayGregor, for one reason: predictable outcome.

The whole appeal of boxing for me is the unknown. Having absolutely no clue how a fight will really go. Expecting one outcome and getting a completely different one. The hype of two world class guys going in there, and one completely dominating the other. If it were still 15 rounds that would get rid of draw outcomes, but still.

McGregor has no chance and no business in that ring with TBE. I'm sorry. He doesn't.

I would have gladly watched and even paid to watch McGregor go against someone like Chris Algieri, a rugged but largely unrefined gatekeeper type, first to see if McGregor can hack it in the ring.

Given my stance on this, I DO want to pay for Canelo/Golovkin, because it's basically a tossup. I think Canelo outboxes G over 12, but anything could really happen in this fight. It's what I want out of a fight - to NOT be sure how it'll go down.

Here's hoping HBO does the same diligence as Showtime who has like 10 different ways of buying MayGregor when I don't want it.

EDIT: Mature discussions welcome.
    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 08-26-2017, 10:36 AM.

Well don't you feel special. Jesus it's not a life or death decision. Y'all crying too much man. It's the #1 boxer of our generation going against the #1 mma fighter. It's a dream match that people talk about but never happens. And now it's happening. Watch it or don't. As for me this fight is bringing in casual friends that either hate or love Mayweather and have no idea who is gonna win this. The world is watching and that's good for boxing

Comment

I'll stream both. Who pays for mismatches in this day and age !

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

I am at least a partial fan of McGregor, though I much prefer other MMA guys like Mighty Mouse from a style perspective, I think McGregor's tough and worth a look every now and then.

It's not a money problem, I've got the money. In fact I just got paid. But, I won't be buying OR free streaming MayGregor, for one reason: predictable outcome.

The whole appeal of boxing for me is the unknown. Having absolutely no clue how a fight will really go. Expecting one outcome and getting a completely different one. The hype of two world class guys going in there, and one completely dominating the other. If it were still 15 rounds that would get rid of draw outcomes, but still.

McGregor has no chance and no business in that ring with TBE. I'm sorry. He doesn't.

I would have gladly watched and even paid to watch McGregor go against someone like Chris Algieri, a rugged but largely unrefined gatekeeper type, first to see if McGregor can hack it in the ring.

Given my stance on this, I DO want to pay for Canelo/Golovkin, because it's basically a tossup. I think Canelo outboxes G over 12, but anything could really happen in this fight. It's what I want out of a fight - to NOT be sure how it'll go down.

Here's hoping HBO does the same diligence as Showtime who has like 10 different ways of buying MayGregor when I don't want it.
        OK... You made your point! You're right with respect to your own "motivation"...

(In my country I get both fights/cards on regular cable...)

Comment

Stop crying, you cunt

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
            I'll stream both. Who pays for mismatches in this day and age !
            Canelo/Golovkin is in no way a mismatch. People have just been jaded after Golovkin walked through B-level fighters.

Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
            As for me this fight is bringing in casual friends that either hate or love Mayweather and have no idea who is gonna win this.
            And you're part of the problem for not educating them properly.
            Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 08-26-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

That's exactly how it's supposed to be and what PPV was designed for.

To watch fights in which you do not know or are not sure what the outcome will be. Pretty much for 50/50 fights or very close to it.

I also am saving my PPV money for the Triple G-Canelo fight.

The only PPV's that I have spent money on this year were for the Golovkin-Jacobs fight and the Ward-Kovalev 2 fight. The next one will be for Canelo-Golovkin.

I will be watching the Mayweather-McGregor fight for free today along with the Cotto-Kamegai fight and Canelo-Golovkin 24/7.

I'm just spending money on food and drink today. Lol, there's no way in hell that I'm paying money for Wrestlemania's Money in the Bank match with the Money Belt on the line. Lol, no ****ing way....haha

Comment

Bet some money on mayweather to win and use the winnings to pay for both.

Comment

Good for you. I'll be watchibg both

Comment

Originally posted by GodLike View Post
                    Bet some money on mayweather to win and use the winnings to pay for both.
                    Would require spending money on a joke of a fight. Nope.

Floyd doesn't need my money to feed his kids - or get Lil Wayne to perform for them. He'll be aight

Comment

Working...
                    X