Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I plan to actually buy Canelo/Golovkin @ $65. Not MayGregor @ $100.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
    Canelo hasn't the footwork Jacobs or Golovkin have, and that's what'll lose him the fight sure he's in the higher echelons of the sport but he couldn't hurt Cotto ffs how's he gonna deter GGG, answer, he ain't.

Canelo has fought nobody at the full 160 limit, and he hasn't fought a middle yet he's stepping in with the number one at the weight.

If Canelo fought anything like Jacobs he'd have a chance, fact is he don't. Jacobs is top pedigree, he beats Canelo ten times out of ten. Imo boxing is about levels and Jacobs and Golovkin are way ahead of Canelo.
    Jacobs got sparked by Pirog. That will never leave him.

Meanwhile, Canelo has only ever lost to the best to ever do it.

Only Golovkin fans see beyond the obvious, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Jacobs got sparked by Pirog. That will never leave him.

Meanwhile, Canelo has only ever lost to the best to ever do it.

Only Golovkin fans see beyond the obvious, bro.
      Jacobs was beating Pirog until he dropped him, at which point the referee actually held him down when he tried to beat the count.

Canelo didn't win a round against PBF.

Comment

It's tough to be a fan of boxing and say "fk that I'm not watching". Honestly, yes, we al know the most likely outcome but it's gonna be electric with the Irish fans singing and the first few rounds until Connor gases and starts getting picked apart to death. It's a great night to get with your friends and chip in and enjoy the circus. Costing me $20 at a friends, some fireball sours and no kids which is the best thing of all lol..

Comment

Jacobs was beating Pirog until he dropped him, at which point the referee actually held him down when he tried to beat the count.
          That's because your boy was asleep for the first 4 seconds. Don't change the fact that Jacobs got caught, where Canelo never has and likely won't until he's MUCH older. The dude is still in the prime of his career. Golovkin himself admitted he's likely to hang it up after this fight.

Canelo didn't win a round against PBF.
          Exactly. The best to ever do it and his only loss. Everyone else he straight up dominated in the second half of every fight after adjusting.

Comment

Yes, most boxing fans will do the same. Idk know anyone who's going to buy tonight's fight. There probably is, but my circle of friends will not and those are the only peeps I would watch fights with.

Comment

I'll try to catch Mayweather - McPecker via online stream. If I can't get a stream, oh well, I'll read the results here and check out the fight on youtube in a few days.

I'm ordering GGG vs Canelo. That is an interesting fight!

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                You are perfectly free to throw money away.

I'd rather support boxers who are there to box - not put on a circus.

Done.

How much money do you think people are throwing away tonight? I'm watching this fight with 15 other people at a fight party. The fight will cost me around $7. Yes 7 big ones. I know multiple people all throwing their own parities for this fight as I'm sure there will be the same all around the country. If you want to sit this one out and type out 250+ word post on why you're not interested in this fight then that tells me you actually want to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by fathergll View Post
                  How much money do you think people are throwing away tonight? I'm watching this fight with 15 other people at a fight party. The fight will cost me around $7. Yes 7 big ones. I know multiple people all throwing their own parities for this fight as I'm sure there will be the same all around the country.
                  $7.

If all you care about is dollar amount, yeah it's a "deal".

But if people were smart and recalled back to MayPac, they'd remember the same "deal" being in place. Yet, by the 11th round, there were screams from tons of people about being ripped off, Floyd was boring, Manny lied, ref didn't stop clinches, people wanting refunds, people trying to sue to get money back, etc. All over their "deal".

And that was TWO PRO BOXERS. The two best of this generation for sure.

Here, you've got one guy who's never boxed, another guy who hasn't boxed in 2 years. What the hell do you think is going to happen?

TO me, this feels like paying PPV prices for WWE. Like it's scripted fighting or something.

You can do what you feel, but there's "no chance in hell" of me paying for what amounts to a scripted fight. It's not going to happen.

Comment

Good call. I will be streaming.

Comment

Exactly. This is a circus fight. Save my money for GGG vs Canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X