Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Tank "too young" for Loma and yet ginger wasn't for Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    Because Tank is younger than Canelo and has less than half the amount of fights Canleo had? Tank isn't ready for a fighter of Loma's caliber. It's really that simple.
    Yeah it is simple Tank is Tank and Canelo is Canelo, why people think everybody is the same deal is just nuts, age has nothing to do with progression, they come on at their own rate and are developed along with that progression.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
      When Conelo fought Floyd he already had like 41 fights fights tank has less then 20
      How many fights has Lomachenko had? I'll give you a hint, he's had less fights than Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I like Tank, but he seems like low hanging fruit for Loma at this point still til he's more proven vs top guys. Berchelt & Corrales are the guys Loma should be fighting at 130. Or Rigo is they can agree on terms. Or Mikey. Loma gots bigger fights than Tank right now. So idk thats its a too young thing so much as there are better options for Loma & better options for Tank to grow into a guy that could have a big fight with Loma in another 18 months or so when Tank is legit #2 in the division (assuming he keeps winning).
        Good post.

I don't think either will be at 130 in 18 months. I see Davis being at 135/140 by then. That's where I see their paths intersecting. Nice being a part of all the fun.

Minus the low hanging fruit!

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          So is Arum

The fight doesn't make sense now.
          Great observation. If this fight happens, it'll be in a few years, at 135/140. I expect Davis to move up after his next fight, or the one after.
          Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 08-14-2017, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
            How many fights has Lomachenko had? I'll give you a hint, he's had less fights than Davis
            So what?

If Loma is as good as ya'll claim you should understand why Tank needs a little more time.

Either you secretly feel Loma is overrated

Or

You just want to see Davis at a disadvantage and lose.

It's like nobody wants this fight to build because ya'll KNOW in the meantime Davis will become a serious force and a THREAT to your foreign hero

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Good post.

I don't think either will be at 130 in 18 months. I see Davis being at 135/140 by then. That's where I see their paths intersecting. Nice being a part of all the fun.
              Man I have a hard time seeing Tank getting to 140 & doing well. I think he's a short guy who looks "fluffy" lets say a week before & after a fight already, but yea 18mos is a long time with there already being talk of Loma moving up to fight Mikey at 135.

But I'm hoping Tank stays at 130 for awhile whatever Loma does or doesn't do doe. I think he should become the main guy in the division if he can. And if Loma isn't there I think thats 100% attainable & maybe even if Loma is there, but thats a bigger question mark.

Minus the low hanging fruit!
              Well I mean from Loma's POV he is. Loma is at a point where he should be nailing down his legacy & that means fighting guys like Rigo, Mikey, Berchelt & Corrales.

Tank isn't on that level yet. No shame to Tank he just got on the level he's at.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                Great observation. If this fight happens, it'll be in a few years, at 135/140. I expect Davis to move up after his next fight, or the one after.
                Not a few years man
                ........... a few fights.

Tank is a special fighter....he doesn't need a few years to get ready for anybody...including Loma's OVERRATED ass.

Mayweather knows what he has ....and SO DOES Bob ARUM.

We're talking a mini-RJJ with a good night sleep in both hands.

In a few more fights Loma will get called out HARD by Tank's team led by Floyd Mayweather..

Just watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Not a few years man
                  ........... a few fights.

Tank is a special fighter....he doesn't need a few years to get ready for anybody...including Loma's OVERRATED ass.

Mayweather knows what he has ....and SO DOES Bob ARUM.

We're talking a mini-RJJ with a good night sleep in both hands.

In a few more fights Loma will get called out HARD by Tank's team led by Floyd Mayweather..

Just watch!
                  In a few fights? I hope so. I wouldn't object to it RIGHT NOW actually. My philosophy has always been, if you are a champ, you are ready for all. What I meant was, knowing Arum and Floyd, it doesn't seem likely too soon. So, it might happen much later. I like your scenario better though.

Comment

cause Canelo>tank.,

facts.,

But tank is nice with it, just its clear their is no rush to bring him up which is fine. It just once he gets a title theirs no more pushing aside fans demands to figth the best.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY!. View Post
                      cause Canelo>tank.,

facts.,

But tank is nice with it, just its clear their is no rush to bring him up which is fine. It just once he gets a title theirs no more pushing aside fans demands to figth the best.
                      Look at this hypocrite.

Canelito didn't fight the best at 154..

Now did he???

I don't remember your demographic clamouring for Canelo vs Charlo or Andrade.

Ya'll were happy with Khan....Liam Smith and washed-up Kirkland.

A Canelito fan should refrain from any and all talk of fighting the best.
                      Last edited by Kigali; 08-14-2017, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X