Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Conor wins, TBE's legacy cast asunder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Conor wins, TBE's legacy cast asunder?

I'm excited just as the next guy about this spectacle taking place. Let's say Conor was to beat TBE though.. a mediocre MMA fighter with no professional boxing fights.. not even one.. "winning"? Would this be conducive to Floyd losing to Guerrero three times in a trilogy? Or quiting against Victor Ortiz? Putting aside how the general global and domestic public along with boxing fans at large loath Money May, both as a boxer and an individual, how will a loss against Conor effect his TBE record? IMO I think Floyd will destroy him but... what if?
    Zero effect. TBE domination of 48 w/ skills sealed it.
    3.45%
    IDGAF
    6.90%
    Minor damage. TBE already beat the best. No ducks, All the glory
    13.79%
    Blown into oblivion. Loss is absolutely unacceptable. Fight is travesty to boxing.
    75.86%

If by some miracle Conor was to win it would obliterate his legacy. I would go far as to say if Conor lost, but did well and lost on points it would be something Mayweather will have to live down for the rest of his life and he'll forever be explaining why he wasn't able to stop Conor.

Comment

It'll forever taint his legacy... or would it? In a completely rational world (yes, I realize we don't live in one), a victory here would only make Conor look good, not make Floyd look bad. But I doubt the public would see it that way. What would probably happen is casuals would get it in their heads that Conor could beat any boxer, and they'd possibly start believing that a shitload of other MMA/UFC guys probably could, too. Just like all the simpletons who thought Holly Holm coming into MMA and knocking Ronda Rousey off her pedestal was somehow definitive proof that it would always be easier for a boxer to succeed at MMA than it would be the other way around.

Comment

No it would equate to Floyd was done and should not have come back, this isn't about Connor its about what does Floyd have left, Connor cannot beat the real Floyd only a shadow of that, nothing changes what FM has done in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          No it would equate to Floyd was done and should not have come back, this isn't about Connor its about what does Floyd have left, Connor cannot beat the real Floyd only a shadow of that, nothing changes what FM has done in the past.
          you phaggot fl0mos getting your excuses ready I see. relax mcGregor is a joke

Comment

If Floyd loses, I would just say **** Floyd.

Comment

It would be a big, unexpected L but he wouldn't suddenly have his accomplishments erased. His resume speaks for itself. He's one of the greats.

The even bigger loser would be our sport. An MMA fighter just throwing on some boxing gloves for a couple months of training camp and coming out of it able to beat one of the best boxers ever would make our sport look really stupid.
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 08-12-2017, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                you phaggot fl0mos getting your excuses ready I see. relax mcGregor is a joke
                Don't need excuses fool, Floyd will stop him and you will be wrong once again, don't you get sick of losing around here lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd shelled up and just walked him down to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  It would be a big, unexpected L but he wouldn't suddenly have his accomplishments erased. His resume speaks for itself. He's one of the greats.

The even bigger loser would be our sport. An MMA fighter just throwing some on some boxing gloves for a couple months of training camp and coming out of it able to beat one of the best boxers ever would make our sport look really stupid.
                  Great Posts. Anyway Floyd beat McGregor unless Floyd fought like a shot 40 yrs.old.

Comment

"TBE" losing to a guy with a 0-0 record would cast doubt upon his previous wins and raise the stock of arguments that he picked opponents when they were at their worst. Most definitely.

Even a loss VS a legitimate opponent would have this effect, but losing to a guy fresh out of the UFC under boxing rules would be turn his whole image into poopoo.
                    Last edited by ////; 08-12-2017, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X