Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Conor wins, TBE's legacy cast asunder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    "TBE" losing to a guy with a 0-0 record would cast doubt upon his previous wins and raise the stock of arguments that he picked opponents when they were at their worst. Most definitely.

Even a loss VS a legitimate opponent would have this effect, but losing to a guy fresh out of the UFC under boxing rules would be turn his whole image into poopoo.
    That's brain dead, be like saying a guy in his 40s that's retired is the same as when he was in his prime.

Do you realize the ******ation in your way of thinking, Larry Holmes is still kicking why don't you go fight him so you can put all his prime wins into doubt lol fkn idiot.

Floyds not losing he will stop Connor.

Comment

floyd is who wanted to fight UFC fighter, and if he loses, his legacy will go to trash and he will be known as a disgrace of boxing. floyd will not just ruin himself, but also boxing

Comment

Biggest upset in history. Biggest slap on the face of boxing. MMA will forever think their sport is the greater.

It'll take decades to recover, when speaking to a MMA fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          That's brain dead, be like saying a guy in his 40s that's retired is the same as when he was in his prime.

Do you realize the ******ation in your way of thinking, Larry Holmes is still kicking why don't you go fight him so you can put all his prime wins into doubt lol fkn idiot.

Floyds not losing he will stop Connor.
          It does not matter, that 0 is there. That's what matters.

Comment

... IDGAF...

... they would have a rematch and grab even more money from cohorts of stupid people...

Comment

"A mediocre MMA fighter"

Guy is the only guy in UFC history to hold two titles at the same time. He's a P4P MMA guy right now. Its easy to dog his boxing skills, but his MMA skills are up there among the best fighting right now which is all anyone can really do.

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              The even bigger loser would be our sport. An MMA fighter just throwing some on some boxing gloves for a couple months of training camp and coming out of it able to beat one of the best boxers ever would make our sport look really stupid.
              Boxing looks bad for a minute I guess one can argue, but lets not forget where the money is at. Or do people think this fight shifts the money in combat sports from boxing to MMA & boxers start getting paid less & MMA guys start getting paid more as the appeal of fights in MMA increase & fights in boxing decrease with the masses?

As to the actual legacy question I think any L f#cks up your legacy to some degree, but the older you are the less it f#cks up your legacy. And the reality is Floyd is 40 & hasn't fought in 2 years. The main issue here isn't Floyd losing its losing to a MMA guy & if Conor can prove to be some incredible combat sports fighter (not just MMA) & beat Floyd I ultimately think its not gonna be THAT crushing a L for Floyd cuz Conor will have just shown himself to be superior at this point in time not unlike Rocky Marciano beating an older Joe Louis or Leon Spinks beating an older Ali or any number of younger fighters, of varying ability beating legends in the game. This is just a new angle with it being an MMA guy coming to boxing & doing so, but plenty of kickboxers or Muay Thai guys have come to boxing with success so why not an MMA guy to?

Comment

Comment

It would be absolutely embarrassing

Comment

I voted minor damage. I don't think a loss at 40 changes all the wins he had before. Ray Robinson lost a bunch of fights past age 40 that he would have easily won in his younger days. He is still considered by many as the best boxer in history. A lot would depend on how Conor won and how skillful he looked winning. If Conor looks like a good boxer who would beat lots of other good boxers besides Mayweather then the loss wouldn't be so bad. Conor
                    never had a boxing match before but he often wins his cage fights using the same punches and combinations a boxer would use, It's obvious he is a skilled fist fighter. I saw a short 10 or 15 second clip of him beating up Paulie and I though he looked good. I didn't give him any chance to win before but now I think he does have a small chance to win. Mayweather could have slipped a lot since the Berto fight.

Comment

not only would it obliterate mayweather's legacy, but boxing in general. when mcgregor wins, nobody will ever watch boxing again.

Comment

Working...
                      X