No announcement yet.

Boxing experts judge conors technique on the heavybag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    This kind of stuff always makes me laugh. Is the heavybag going to throw counter or something? Watch Floyd on the heavybag. Watch Manny on the heavybag. Does it look like they're worried about defense?? It's amateur hour up in here.
    Lol yeah i laugh at that who the hell keeps a defensive guard on the heavy bag? Not even floyd does that, the bag is for punch drills and power, and stamina not defense lol

Reminds me of those floymos who were saying pacquiao drops his hands on the heavy bag im not impressed even though man has the best heavy bag videos in the wolrd, dude makes hitting the heavy bag fun to watch.

Floyd aint keeping his right hand up when hitting the bag either lol yet they never menthion any of that on floyd everything is amazing and flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Lol yeah i laugh at that who the hell keeps a defensive guard on the heavy bag? Not even floyd does that, the bag is for punch drills and power, and stamina not defense lol

Reminds me of those floymos who were saying pacquiao drops his hands on the heavy bag im not impressed even though man has the best heavy bag videos in the wolrd, dude makes hitting the heavy bag fun to watch.

Floyd aint keeping his right hand up when hitting the bag either lol yet they never menthion any of that on floyd everything is amazing and flawless.
      Agree with everything said.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
        He actually thinks he's gonna outsmart, and cut angles on Floyd. He's going about this all wrong. He's not gonna win the precision, and counter punching game. A really good jab troubled Floyd against Cotto, but Conor has almost no jab, that I'm aware of. He's smoked turkey.
        Like you said, Cotto has a great jab. One of the best jabbers of his era and yes he did trouble Floyd with his jab.

But McGregor ain't no Miguel Cotto. I have never seen him throw a jab, just paws with it.

Comment

looks like a complete novice. which he is.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Like you said, Cotto has a great jab. One of the best jabbers of his era and yes he did trouble Floyd with his jab.

But McGregor ain't no Miguel Cotto. I have never seen him throw a jab, just paws with it.
            I don't think I've ever seen him actually throw a jab with purpose, or even land one. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

I dont think anyone is expecting expert defense here, just some signs he has anything to offer to give Floyd any trouble at all. I was looking for power and explosiveness that might wilt Floyd over time, I see a guy that will need to land a miracle left in rounds 1 or 2 to have any hope..

Comment

We can see that Conor Mcgregor is mainly a STRAIGHT puncher! When it comes to HOOKING, his technique still is quite raw! (He is not turning his body into the hooks, or using his legs efficiently! I actually think it will be wise for Floyd Mayweather to close the distance and inhibit Conor Mcgregor's straight punches! (And deep down Floyd Mayweather knows this, that is why he is stating in interviews? That he is going to go after Mcgregor! It as nothing to do with selling a fight, everything is calculated from Floyd Mayweather!)..

Comment

Originally posted by GodLike View Post
                  He looked so horrible that this was something i contemplated during the workout, is this just an act? but then i thought nobody can fake being this ****, there were far too many horrible techniques he was displaying over and over again that are clearly ingrained in him.

As for the sparring with paulie, He simply outworked him by being in better shape, paulie looked fat and utterly out of shape, all you needed to do was take him to late rounds and push him to exhaustion.
                  Yeah, I tend to agree with everything you said. On top of all that McGregor is noticeably bigger. But I think your point about Connor being in good fighting condition and taking Paulie into the sparring rounds late, while Paulie is the fattest and softest we've ever seen him. I bet Paulie was expecting McGregor to go easy on him until Paulie got into better condition after a few weeks. It seems a bit odd that a boxer would go into someone's camp totally out of shape and then get into an intense sparring session with another fighter that is in good condition. But if that's the best McGregor can do, it won't be good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                    This kind of stuff always makes me laugh. Is the heavybag going to throw counter or something? Watch Floyd on the heavybag. Watch Manny on the heavybag. Does it look like they're worried about defense?? It's amateur hour up in here.
                    He doesnt just do it on the heavybag , he does it in fights as well. Leaves his right hand very low whene throwing the left and in general hands are always very low.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      I can't believe I'm defending Conor, but what makes him a great MMA striker is his distance. You don't practice distance in a heavy bag round. You practice punching technique and power. It's more of a cardio thing to get your arm strength and cardio up. When the elastic acid fills in your arms and you're gassed it's practice to keep delivering big punches. As fasr as that goes it looked like he was about to fail miserably then he looked a little better.
                      That's all cool but distance in boxing is different than distance in MMA. I think he'll find that out.

Comment

Working...
                      X