Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[REAL TALK] How to make boxing more fun for the fans again. No Connor trolling plz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
    An odd number round Fight CAN be a draw too. Rounds can also be 10-10, or 10-8.
    Possible but less likely.

The majority of every round in almost every fight is 10-9 unless it's an early stoppage.

So in a 5 round fight with 5 10-9 rounds split between the boxers you guarantee a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Sorry but getting PUNCHED in the face is NOT FUN so to ask them to do it for 15 Rounds is not in the best interest of the FIGHTERS!
      Well I'd argue putting the smaller gloves on boxers would make them more safer cuz they'd be straight getting KO'd instead of taking damage & recovery taking damage & recovery like big gloves allow for & what most people say is what causes the worst brain injuries.

I personally don't think they should change ANYTHING!
      LOL come the f#ck on. Boxing is perfect now to you? Realllly? Reallllllllly? I don't buy that at all. There are lotsa problems with boxing a guy who's watching boxing for the first time can see. Certainly you got some things about boxing you'd like to see be different & from your eyes better.

you can score KO's every fuking fight and people still won't tune in!
      Couldn't disagree more with this. EVERYONE loves a KO. That might be the number 1 reason any non-hardcore boxing fan ever watches a fight for, from the ring to outside in someones backyard or at the mall or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
        1) bring back 15 round fights or at least maybe them 13 rounds so we can break the 6-6 tie. Even number of rounds has hurt boxing.

2) 3 knockdown is in effect. If a guy goes down 3 times in a round it's a tko. Simple

3) decrease glove size. There's no reason why fighters have to wear pillows in there. Decrease the rules to lower glove since by 2 ounces across the board.

Maybe boxing will be as much fun if these changes happen but I doubt they will. People wants an exhibition nowadays not a fight.
        Are you kidding? The "pillows" and reduction in rounds are still barely protecting the athletes from serious injury and death. "Pillows??" Is Skip Bayless your daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
          Possible but less likely.

The majority of every round in almost every fight is 10-9 unless it's an early stoppage.

So in a 5 round fight with 5 10-9 rounds split between the boxers you guarantee a winner.
          Idk that you need odd rounds, although I've always been more of a fan of that idea myself. I think you can just have a Overtime Round. They'd need to figure out the scores quicker or even have open scoring (thats one of the things I'd still like to see, but I know I'm in the vast minority with that) cuz I think its kinda nuts fighters have no idea where they stand in a fight to make adjustments. Pretty sure boxing is the only sport where there is an ongoing score, but the athlete doesn't know where the f#ck they are in the fight, up, down, even, who f#cking knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Educate fans on what is actually happening in the ring so that they are more entertained when there arent a million punches being landed each round. Fans of other sports are constantly being walked through what is going on tactically and technically, and they end uo with a deeper appreciation for the sport because if it.

Rockyesque fights hardly ever happen, especially between top level boxers. How many of us have had casuals say they are 'bored' watching a perfectly good fight because they just have no clue what is going on? Ive had it plenty of times
            here you see a guy clinching. here you see a guy clinching. here you see a guy clinching. here you see a guy wrestling his opponent around. here you see a guy clinching. here you see a guy clinching.

Last edited by daggum; 08-09-2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
              Are you kidding? The "pillows" and reduction in rounds are still barely protecting the athletes from serious injury and death. "Pillows??" Is Skip Bayless your daddy?
              I've seen no such evidence bigger gloves protect a fighters brain.

In fact I believe the brain isn't a big fan of being hit at all so hitting the brain with small gloves less times is better than getting hit with bigger gloves more times. The brain is feeling all those times cuz the brain is getting smacked around the skull the whole f#cking time either way. Brain injury is a volume problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Well I'd argue putting the smaller gloves on boxers would make them more safer cuz they'd be straight getting KO'd instead of taking damage & recovery taking damage & recovery like big gloves allow for & what most people say is what causes the worst brain injuries.

LOL come the f#ck on. Boxing is perfect now to you? Realllly? Reallllllllly? I don't buy that at all. There are lotsa problems with boxing a guy who's watching boxing for the first time can see. Certainly you got some things about boxing you'd like to see be different & from your eyes better.

Couldn't disagree more with this. EVERYONE loves a KO. That might be the number 1 reason any non-hardcore boxing fan ever watches a fight for, from the ring to outside in someones backyard or at the mall or whatever.
                Knockouts alone doesn't get people watching, you still need to have either the fighter or his promoter be charismatic enough to drum up attention to get casuals to TUNE IN TO SEE THE KO's!

Proof Of This? If it was just simply about Scoring KO's why is it that Mike Tyson was and still is the only Brawler/KO Artist to be a PPV Draw/Superstar? Why is it that GGG don't sell more PPV's alone? Why is it that Wilder is not a bigger star with all those KO's? So as I posted, PERSONALITY! Personality gets Casuals to tune in to your fights, Knockouts can Keep their and keep them coming absolutely!

Other reply about Boxing Being Perfect, never said that! I'm saying that the way boxing is, that is NOT why the sport declined in Popularity! It has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RULES! The Reason for Boxing Decline is because of the POOR TRAINING OF FIGHTERS! After Mike Tyson ERA, everybody was looking for the Next Mike Tyson! I do think that effected the way fighters was trained for a Decade if not Decades after Mike! Oscar kinda brought it back to more about Boxing SKILLS then Mayweather! But if you dumb down the sport and started wanting every fight to be a KO Artist and in doing that your boxing media and boxing announcers dumb down the sport to the point in which they have MADE Casuals and Semi-Hardcores think a certain away about the sport like I don't know..."If A Fight Doesn't End In A KO It Was A Disappointing Fight!". That is why I agree 100% with that post about Broadcast teams being more EDUCATION instead of trying to be INFLUENTIAL! Let the fans decide what they like don't tell them WHAT TO LIKE which is what HBO and even ESPN Now is Guilty Of!

As for thinking Smaller Gloves would equal clean KO so that would mean less punishment, I will have to do more research on that but I'm pretty sure getting knocked out clean is not good on the brain either! Just Saying!
                Last edited by sicko; 08-09-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I've seen no such evidence bigger gloves protect a fighters brain.

In fact I believe the brain isn't a big fan of being hit at all so hitting the brain with small gloves less times is better than getting hit with bigger gloves more times. The brain is feeling all those times cuz the brain is getting smacked around the skull the whole f#cking time either way. Brain injury is a volume problem.
                  Not clear on all the facts but AIBA studies found head gear was causing more drain bamage due to the ability of boxers to take more shots longer thus they did away with headgear for Men's Amateur boxing. Same physiology would effect gloves as well. I have no problem with <160 6oz and >160 8oz. That's pretty much the way it was into the 1970's.

Comment

So

1) 1 less round
                    2) smaller gloves
                    3) harsher punishment for clinching
                    4) smaller ring size
                    5) bring back the 3 kd rule.
                    6) ko bonuses for fighters

Sounds like fights will be on major networks within a year if that happens

Comment

No...........

Comment

Working...
                      X