Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[REAL TALK] How to make boxing more fun for the fans again. No Connor trolling plz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    I don't like the three knockdown rule. If a fighter can get up and continue to fight after an 8-count, let him fight.

I think better matchmaking goes a long way. Less mismatches, better style match ups, and same day weigh-ins or rehydration clauses to keep fighters in their proper weight classes.

Smaller rings might be good so fighters who like to run have less room to maneuver. Title fights are 15 rounds.

Negotiate a purse, but whoever wins by KO/TKO gets a significant bonus or percentage of the purse.
    I don't care how big or small rings are necessarily, but I think there should be an official ring size. Its always felt kinda sketchy to me guys can get a ring more favorable to them or less favorable to their opponent when they had the pull to do so. Should be one size ring for all fights from 4 rounders to title fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Educate fans on what is actually happening in the ring so that they are more entertained when there arent a million punches being landed each round. Fans of other sports are constantly being walked through what is going on tactically and technically, and they end uo with a deeper appreciation for the sport because if it.

Rockyesque fights hardly ever happen, especially between top level boxers. How many of us have had casuals say they are 'bored' watching a perfectly good fight because they just have no clue what is going on? Ive had it plenty of times
      And there in lies the problem how can the sport attract more if fans are being turned off?

Comment

Educate fans on what is actually happening in the ring so that they are more entertained when there arent a million punches being landed each round. Fans of other sports are constantly being walked through what is going on tactically and technically, and they end uo with a deeper appreciation for the sport because if it.

Rockyesque fights hardly ever happen, especially between top level boxers. How many of us have had casuals say they are 'bored' watching a perfectly good fight because they just have no clue what is going on? Ive had it plenty of times

That Is It!

Comment

If arguably the best fighter in boxing can only draw 750k viewers on FREE TV !!!!!!

That tells you there's a huge problem with boxing as it current stands

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Then comeback and talk again about how "Boxing Need To Change Rules TO Be More Fun"
            Lotsa sports change their rules on a regular basis for various reasons. Whats wrong with changing boxing rules? Personally I think those big gloves are the problem with why so many guys get brain damaged & get killed in the ring.

And I mean whatever you decide to do in boxing there are gonna be severe & life ending injuries til guys are fighting in some virtual reality environment or whatever the future holds for boxing. I don't think you can keep the integrity of the sport & have it be 100% safe anytime soon & idk if we are limiting deaths as much as we could right now.

Going more rounds might risk more lifes, but I'd like to see less rounds overall & seeing guys fighting at more acceptable levels too. So guys who are losing in 6 rounders are NEVER fighting 10 rounders anyway. So its just the best of the best fighting more rounds not every dumbass with a barely winning record going 10 or 12 (or more under the 15rd thing the TS guy mentioned).

Comment

Definitely agree with this. Boxing commentators are the worst combat sports commentators around (I only watch combat sports so I'm well versed on this subject). They sh^t on fights or downplay the product more than any other combat sport by a disturbingly higher %. They barely describe the action (usually talking about who the favored guy hasn't fought, how this fight you're taking time outta your day to watch is meaningless or some crime the guy committed or controversy he had 3 years ago) & when they do they seem focused on the house fighter more often then not.

Need more cats breaking sh^t down like Paulie or Joe Rogan.

And randomly the UFC has done something genius too. On one of their new shows they got alternate commentary with Snoop Dogg (who's high as f#ck) & Urijah Faber (a former WEC champ + HOFer) which is mfing hilarious. Respect for fighting, but most cats watching at home are having fun watching the fight or wanna have more fun watching the fight so lets have some alternate boxing commentary with Dave Chappele & Mike Tyson just having fun in the booth talking about the fights or some such combo of guys. We got these old rigor mortis mfers talking about Max Schemling & sh^t. No one gives a f#ck about this old ass sh^t. Lets talk about what we are watching & have fun tonight. YOLO mfers!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Lotsa sports change their rules on a regular basis for various reasons. Whats wrong with changing boxing rules? Personally I think those big gloves are the problem with why so many guys get brain damaged & get killed in the ring.

And I mean whatever you decide to do in boxing there are gonna be severe & life ending injuries til guys are fighting in some virtual reality environment or whatever the future holds for boxing. I don't think you can keep the integrity of the sport & have it be 100% safe anytime soon & idk if we are limiting deaths as much as we could right now.

Going more rounds might risk more lifes, but I'd like to see less rounds overall & seeing guys fighting at more acceptable levels too. So guys who are losing in 6 rounders are NEVER fighting 10 rounders anyway. So its just the best of the best fighting more rounds not every dumbass with a barely winning record going 10 or 12 (or more under the 15rd thing the TS guy mentioned).
                True! I would say NFL has changed their Rules the most through out the history American Football and most of the rules they added was added for the SAFETY OF THE PLAYERS not to make "FOOTBALL MORE FUN".

Sorry but getting PUNCHED in the face is NOT FUN so to ask them to do it for 15 Rounds is not in the best interest of the FIGHTERS!

I personally don't think they should change ANYTHING! For Boxing to be fun, the presentation not only need to be better, less bias and more education to casuals but also the FIGHTERS have to do their Part and give the casuals some Personality and Charisma so that they would tune in first. Don't give a **** what Rules you change if you can't get Casuals to tune in because you have no personality and they don't find you interesting enough to give a **** about your fights. you can score KO's every fuking fight and people still won't tune in!

The Sport of boxing is not boring, some of the FIGHTERS IN BOXING can be boring Inside and Outside of the Ring!

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                  If arguably the best fighter in boxing can only draw 750k viewers on FREE TV !!!!!!

That tells you there's a huge problem with boxing as it current stands
                  He has no Personality and can't Speak English. If I'm a Casual why the FUK should I tune? Hey lets focus on GETTING CASUALS to the Party before we decide what type of music to play at the party

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                    Yeah because even round fights are so much fun when They end in a draw. Also no three knock rules it's so great when I guy he is been to a pulp in allowed to continue.
                    An odd number round Fight CAN be a draw too. Rounds can also be 10-10, or 10-8.

Comment

Easy. There should just be 1 champion in each weight class. Problem solved. All the way from 105 # to HW. Just 1 champ in each division.

Comment

Working...
                      X