Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly vs. Jack Deal Done - But Bivol Has Yet To Step Aside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IronDanHamza
    replied
    Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
    Of course it was, often does with British fighters, i'm patriotic and i'll back my own 100%! Was severely disappointed in Cleverly though, just didn't want to know after he felt how strong Jack was. Broke his nose again as well but definitely a shadow of his former self. It's not the first time I've got it completely wrong and wont be the last.

Credit where Credits due though, Jack looked the part at LHW and would probably have been too strong on the night even for the best version of Clev....sadly!
    Cleverly has heart, shipped some punishment in his career and always takes a beating and doesn't quit.

I agree he wasn't the same fighter he once was. But Jack looked really good.

Leave a comment:

• FLEX U.K
    replied
    Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Heart was ruling your head son!
    Of course it was, often does with British fighters, i'm patriotic and i'll back my own 100%! Was severely disappointed in Cleverly though, just didn't want to know after he felt how strong Jack was. Broke his nose again as well but definitely a shadow of his former self. It's not the first time I've got it completely wrong and wont be the last.

Credit where Credits due though, Jack looked the part at LHW and would probably have been too strong on the night even for the best version of Clev....sadly!

Leave a comment:

• IronDanHamza
    replied
    Who exactly has Anthony Dirrell fought never mind beat, Sakio Bika lol, Dirrell's resume is terrible and he's ****?

Murat and Mohammedi are no worse than Dirrell and at the time Clev fought them they were avoided/undefeated fighters who cleverly beat with ease. They then went on to share the ring with the likes of Hopkins,Kovalev,Barrera etc

Jack has been beaten by a C level fighter and Clev hasn't, simple!

Let's hope it gets made for August 26th and we'll see, only way Jack wins is by gift decision being the home fighter, if i'm wrong everyone can come on and call me a ****** till their hearts content!
    Heart was ruling your head son!

Leave a comment:

• FLEX U.K
    replied
    Originally posted by daggum View Post
    that was his third fight after froch. more excuses. you are full of them. jack beat 3 top 5 guys. his resume is clearly superior and stop pretendign that jack wasnt robbed against bute and degale.

I didn't say it was the fight right after but Groves took a fair while to get his s**t together mentally after the Frock KO, he's only now starting to get back to anywhere near his best. If Groves and Jack fought now it would be a different result IMO.
    The DeGale and Jack fight was close, certainly no robbery but never mind its a done deal now and i'm looking forward to the fight. Will be a good first fight for Jack at LHW but i believe the man from the valleys will keep his title

Leave a comment:

• daggum
    replied
    Yeah Jack has a great resume, he drew with Periban, drew with Degale, drew with Bute and got KTFO by Derek Edwards, your right thats pretty solid!

His only decent win is vs Groves and Groves was coming off a devastating knockout to Froch, If Groves fought Jack 12 months later he would have won. Anthony Direll is **** and i dont give him props for that win.

Cleverly put up a good fight against Fonfara considering he broke his nose early in the fight
    that was his third fight after froch. more excuses. you are full of them. jack beat 3 top 5 guys. his resume is clearly superior and stop pretendign that jack wasnt robbed against bute and degale.

Leave a comment:

• John Locke
    replied
    Who exactly has Anthony Dirrell fought never mind beat, Sakio Bika lol, Dirrell's resume is terrible and he's ****?

Murat and Mohammedi are no worse than Dirrell and at the time Clev fought them they were avoided/undefeated fighters who cleverly beat with ease. They then went on to share the ring with the likes of Hopkins,Kovalev,Barrera etc

Let's hope it gets made for August 26th and we'll see, only way Jack wins is by gift decision being the home fighter, if i'm wrong everyone can come on and call me a ****** till their hearts content!
    You do realise Bika is also better than Cleverly?

Mohammedi and Murat aren't even better than guys like Traux and Rubio, whom Dirrell has beaten. They were undefeated because they'd fought a bunch of club fighters until they stepped up. Everybody is undefeated at some stage. I don't know what world you live in brother, Cleverly's resume or skill isn't close to Jack's and that will be proven in a few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• IronDanHamza
    replied

Looks like it's a done deal for the undercard.

Either way whoever has the better resume, it's a good fight IMO. Jack's first at 175, Cleverly is unit there and puts a pace on.

I'm looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• FLEX U.K
    replied
    Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    Wtf? Cleverly is a C level fighter and the only notable win on his resume is Bellew. You mention D level Murat and Mohammedi as credible wins for Cleverly but dismiss Dirrell? Jack has the much better resume and he's the much better fighter.

Leave a comment:

• John Locke
    replied
    Theres no etc here, Jack beat Dirrell and Groves thats all.

Clev fought and beat avoided/undefeated fighters earlier in his career like Murat and Mohammedi and has only ever been clearly beaten by Kovalev, he certainly hasn't been knocked out by the Derek Edwards of this world or went life and death with Periban
    Wtf? Cleverly is a C level fighter and the only notable win on his resume is Bellew. You mention D level Murat and Mohammedi as credible wins for Cleverly but dismiss Dirrell? Jack has the much better resume and he's the much better fighter.

Leave a comment:

• IronDanHamza
    replied
    Yeah Jack has a great resume, he drew with Periban, drew with Degale, drew with Bute and got KTFO by Derek Edwards, your right thats pretty solid!

His only decent win is vs Groves and Groves was coming off a devastating knockout to Froch, If Groves fought Jack 12 months later he would have won. Anthony Direll is **** and i dont give him props for that win.

Cleverly put up a good fight against Fonfara considering he broke his nose early in the fight
    Anthony Dirrell is ****, and you list Murat and Mohamedi? They aren't even world class fighters.

I agree Jack definitely has holes, the Edwards loss is terrible. But he came back strong and has beaten good fighters. Bute and Degale were draws but he beat both IMO.

Jack has a better resume IMO. Cleverly's resume is not that good.

Either way though it's a good fight I don't count Cleverly out at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X