Robert Garcia - The Promotion Was Terrible And They Wanted Broner To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Garcia - The Promotion Was Terrible And They Wanted Broner To Win

Damn robert is going off.

I'm surprised they treated Mikey and his team so bad, especially considering they want him to join Al Haymon/PBC. You'd think they would do the total opposite.

They treated them like outsiders. Of course they all wanted Broner to win.

Comment

WTF, is Elie jerking off in the background or something? Someone's panting hard in the background. Check out 8:30

Comment

They should hand out some fines for Broner breaking the Fighter + 4 entourage rule. They made Garcia follow that but Broner came out with 6 people....interesting.

Comment

The new way these "GHETTO" promoters run it.

Comment

Is this the stuff about press passes or whatever? Or who's getting announced last? That seems like whatever sh^t to me & hardly THAT big of a deal.

And hell man no one promotes in boxing realllllllly anymore. You gotta do your own sh^t it seems like. But idk that it woulda did any good with the fans talking about Conor vs Floyd over all else. You're either a boxing fan & watching all the boxing on TV or you aren't & are just watching the giant events that go mainstream via PPV. And there is very little that lands in the middle ground of those two extremes.

Comment

Really? I didn't see anything agenda driven within the promoting aspect. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. But it seemed like on the surface how Showtime fights are typically promoted. I did think it was odd how they didn't have an all-access episode for a fight of this magnitude-- but obviously both fighters got the same amount of air time in that respect, which was zero.

I will say this, though: it wouldn't surprise me if deep down they were really rooting for Broner. Simply because there's more money in Broner had he won. I know we are sick of hearing this same line...but it's a cliche for a reason: Boxing at the end of the day is purely a business. A definitive win for Broner would've rejuvenated his entire career, and due to how polarizing he is, there's no question that a relevant Adrien Broner in the big picture is more money than a Mikey Garcia in the big picture.

Mikey's an elite fighter obviously but even with his tremendous KO percentage it ain't like his fights are must watch television in terms of pure excitement, and his personality is straight down the middle so he's not gonna bring in casual fans from that standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Is this the stuff about press passes or whatever? Or who's getting announced last? That seems like whatever sh^t to me & hardly THAT big of a deal.

And hell man no one promotes in boxing realllllllly anymore. You gotta do your own sh^t it seems like. But idk that it woulda did any good with the fans talking about Conor vs Floyd over all else. You're either a boxing fan & watching all the boxing on TV or you aren't & are just watching the giant events that go mainstream via PPV. And there is very little that lands in the middle ground of those two extremes.
                that just a small part of it about who comes in first or not. It about they forcing mikey to do BS photo shoots that have nothing to do with the boxing promotions that Broner didnt have to do and they kept mikey doing BS things, they left him out in the rain for an hour, they refused to give him any credentials meanwhile broner had all his baby momma laced up with credentials.

This was the promoter doing whatever they can to give broner a edge.

Comment

Yeah, just watched it about an hour ago.

- Mikey asked for some credentials and they told him they didn't haven any. Robert called Lou DiBella and Lou gave him 10 credentials plus 14 tickets.

- They had Mikey wake up at 7 in the morning to do some bull**** radio interviews and photo-shoot that Broner didn't do. This meant Mikey couldn't get his run in or breakfast.

- They had Mikey waiting 1 hour outside until someone picked him up

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Really? I didn't see anything agenda driven within the promoting aspect. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. But it seemed like on the surface how Showtime fights are typically promoted. I did think it was odd how they didn't have an all-access episode for a fight of this magnitude-- but obviously both fighters got the same amount of air time in that respect, which was zero.

I will say this, though: it wouldn't surprise me if deep down they were really rooting for Broner. Simply because there's more money in Broner had he won. I know we are sick of hearing this same line...but it's a cliche for a reason: Boxing at the end of the day is purely a business. A definitive win for Broner would've rejuvenated his entire career, and due to how polarizing he is, there's no question that a relevant Adrien Broner in the big picture is more money than a Mikey Garcia in the big picture.

Mikey's an elite fighter obviously but even with his tremendous KO percentage it ain't like his fights are must watch television in terms of pure excitement, and his personality is straight down the middle so he's not gonna bring in casual fans from that standpoint.
                    He's not talking about the show promotion side, he likely meant the "production" side.

-Not being able to obtain credentials despite Broner's people getting many

-Waking them up at 4am to do press stuff, despite Broner not having to do any

-Waiting hours for their scheduled rides

-Being told to strictly follow ring entrance rules (fighter + 4 team members), and seeing Broner enter with a huge entourage

Various other things.

Comment

Working...
                    X