Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Explains Why Canelo Will Beat Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    I didnt ask anything, my first post on this thread was to respond to ur comment...

And the example you gave doesnt really work because Broner is a low output counter-puncher, he was heavy underdog for a reason.

GGG has size, reach and power advantages and arguably presents the ideal fighting style to deal with Canelo i.e. sustained pressure, decent punch output and a great ability to cut the ring (something Canelo will struggle with).

GGG will find Canelo, the question is whether Canelo will be able to handle the power and sustained work-rate generated by GGG's pressure.
    This is why they actually FIGHT and the winner NOT declared just on paper. You have GGG winning and I have Canelo. I agree my biggest concern is how Canelo takes GGG's punches. If he handles them good and doesn't get hit too flush he should win. If not he loses...

You would be the ONLY one in HISTORY to never be wrong on a fighter losing. So like us ALL you have been WRONG before. And you'll be WRONG again. Either with GGG or some other boxer down the road

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      Are you ****ing stupid?? Are you gonna answer me? If you can't back up what you say then shut the **** up punk!
      When Canelo was 20 years old he wasn't fighting at Jr. Middleweight yet! He and Jose Cotto were fighting at the same weight. Check your facts punk!
      Now who else has shook Canelo besides Jose Cotto?? Wether it be big guys or smaller guys?? Who else besides Jose Cotto? Nobody punk!
      My point exactly! You fools keep bringing shet up that happened when he was 20 years old like if he hasn't improved since then!
      But your still the same loser that you was at 20 years old and you still haven't accomplished anything in life and never will!
      And canela dragged him up from light weight so a 32 year old lightweight cracked his chin and gbp made sure everybody after him didn't have enough pop hurt him he's a bum a ****ty arse just like you skids

Comment

• Originally posted by Kcvtr81 View Post
        And canela dragged him up from light weight so a 32 year old lightweight cracked his chin and gbp made sure everybody after him didn't have enough pop hurt him he's a bum a ****ty arse just like you skids
        **** off you piece of shet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          This is why they actually FIGHT and the winner NOT declared just on paper. You have GGG winning and I have Canelo. I agree my biggest concern is how Canelo takes GGG's punches. If he handles them good and doesn't get hit too flush he should win. If not he loses...

You would be the ONLY one in HISTORY to never be wrong on a fighter losing. So like us ALL you have been WRONG before. And you'll be WRONG again. Either with GGG or some other boxer down the road
          What are you talking about when did I ever say i'm never wrong? Stop frothing at the mouth and actually read what people say before you jump the gun once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Ive posted many, many times links of the 45/55 split. It was on ESPN by Dan Rafeal and Boxingscene, and various other sites. I'm not gonna waste my time doing it again. I'm gonna take EXPERTS over your opinion. Those guys talk to the various ABC's ALL the time.
            Dan Rafeal is a terrible journalist and was talking about a rule that the WBC did away with years ago. BScene just reported what that bad journalist said.

In any case, what that moron kushking said was that GGG forced a mandatory purse split by refusing to negotiate with Canelo. That didn't happen. Even Oscar has never said that GGG refusing to negotiate was the reason for Canelo vacating.

Think about it ... GGG wanted that fight, and he knew there was no way Canelo would agree to give him 45% of the purse, whatever the WBC said. We don't know what the split is for the upcoming fight. But I'm damn sure, even as defending 3 belt champion, GGG won't be getting 45% from Canelo and Oscar! There was zero chance of him getting it as the challenger, and he knew it.

GGG haters here keep saying that he tried to force a purse bid with Canelo, but they never post any proof to back it up. That mong kushking pestered me into accepting an account bet with him about it, and he lost the bet. There is no proof anywhere of GGG forcing a puse bid with Canelo ... because it never happened.
            Last edited by kafkod; 08-01-2017, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              **** off you piece of shet!
              Look at the end of the day let's just hope it's a good clean fight nothing else matters

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                I think he's right about Canelo but wrong about Golovkin. Canelo is fast and throws in combinations but he also takes frequent breaks. I'm assuming it's because of his stamina issues.

I don't think Golovkin throw one punch at a time. He did limit his punch output against Jacobs but I that's because of the respected his speed and punching power.

Canelo will have to disrupt Golovkin rhythm and timing and keep him guessing.
                I think this is true. As for Jacobs I believe he is too big and too skilled a fighter for Canelo. Apart from not being a money draw like Golovkin, GB and Oscar wouldn't put Canelo in with Jacobs. Not worth the risk. With Golovkin potential rematches are forthcoming (more $$$). With Jacobs who cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by cally93 View Post
                  Overhyped? Maybe, overrated? I don't think so...he's an Olympic silver medalist, world championship gold medalist and has an excellent amateur pedigree, and so far been unbeatable in the Mw division.

I've boxed at amateur level like many on here have am sure, trust me you don't get that far on hype and being overrated it takes skill, desire, discipline and dedication.

It's fine to dislike fighters or to favor other fighters but let's not downplay what they've done and act like it's easy because believe me it's not.
                  Just stating that GGG is robotic and has beaten up mostly all average boxers including Jacobs. If GGG disposes of Canelo via a KO or stoppage then that legitimizes GGG as a great fighter. But look at Golovkin's record of no names and has beens and unknown pugs with nothing else. Destroy Canelo and the credit will come. Teddy Atlas calls it correctly in keeping GGG of the P4P list.

Comment

• Originally posted by OmarRueben View Post
                    Just stating that GGG is robotic and has beaten up mostly all average boxers including Jacobs. If GGG disposes of Canelo via a KO or stoppage then that legitimizes GGG as a great fighter. But look at Golovkin's record of no names and has beens and unknown pugs with nothing else. Destroy Canelo and the credit will come. Teddy Atlas calls it correctly in keeping GGG of the P4P list.
                    Yeah I agree with the p4p but beaten up? And suddenly Jacobs is average? Come on your begging it now or did you forget he stopped/KOed all his oppponents prior to Jacobs.

Why does beating canelo make him legitimate? Canelo is not a great fighter yet he's a very good fighter...he's been matched fantastically well i must say since the Lara fight, you can't call canelo great yet when he's been involved in multiple questionable decisions and makes fighters drain down to fight him..no chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by cally93 View Post
                      Yeah I agree with the p4p but beaten up? And suddenly Jacobs is average? Come on your begging it now or did you forget he stopped/KOed all his oppponents prior to Jacobs.

Why does beating canelo make him legitimate? Canelo is not a great fighter yet he's a very good fighter...he's been matched fantastically well i must say since the Lara fight, you can't call canelo great yet when he's been involved in multiple questionable decisions and makes fighters drain down to fight him..no chance.
                      Canelo is as a good as anyone in boxing at this time including GGG. Look up Golovkins mediocre record of beating nobodies and tell me what wins GGG has outside of Jacobs(who is above average) that are significantr wins? There are none. Canelo has met and beaten al lexcept Floyd who was great. Canelo beats GGG anyway and will prove his greatness. GGG is a good boxer but far from great.

Comment

Working...
                      X