Comments Thread For: Charlo's Coach Siding With Golovkin To Defeat Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    You don't know shet about boxing!
    That's why Kell Brook was tunning his ass up in the second round and catching him with everything he threw. You call that great defense?
    And don't tell me that bullshet that Triple g was letting him hit him on purpose cause he didn't respect his power! If your gonna tell me that then don't bother replying!
    Kell Brook is one of the most accurate punchers is boxing. He landed a good left uppercut and a couple of right hands but so what. He was smaller and faster. This was all done between getting wobbled in the first and stopped. Why do people think Golovkin shouldn't have been hit in that fight?

Comment

That's why Kell Brook was tunning his ass up in the second round and catching him with everything he threw. You call that great defense?
      And don't tell me that bullshet that Triple g was letting him hit him on purpose cause he didn't respect his power! If your gonna tell me that then don't bother replying!
      How old are you?

You sound like an immature kid?

There is no doubt he did not respect brook's ability to hurt him that's why he pressured him without regard for his own defence

A blind man can see that!

Against Jacobs he was hit and took a backwards step because he respected the power!!

Both guys have ways to win, but I believe if everything is virtually similar - the guy who punches naturally harder usually wins

The jab will be a big key in This fight and ggg imo has the better jab - canelos combos will be an issue but I think ggg can reduce his punch count after round 6 onwards

Comment

GGG is a very intellegent fighter. He knows when to focus on defence and when to go balls out for the KO. Punch stats for his fights show that he always lands significantly more than he takes.

His record of never being decked in nearly 400 amateur and 37 pro fights is not just down to a good chin, it's down to a good chin plus good defence.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
          Kell Brook is one of the most accurate punchers is boxing. He landed a good left uppercut and a couple of right hands but so what. He was smaller and faster. This was all done between getting wobbled in the first and stopped. Why do people think Golovkin shouldn't have been hit in that fight?
          Because they DKSAB.

Both GGG and Abel Sanchez knew that Golovkin was going to get hit by Kell Brook. Before the fight Abel said that Brook will be faster, but GGG will be stronger, and strength will count more as the rounds go by, which is exactly how it turned out.
          Last edited by kafkod; 07-31-2017, 05:19 AM.

Comment

All the talk that Golovkin allows himself to be hit is nonsense I agree, no fighter gets hit on purpose.

However you can't use brook as an example, a smaller fighter moving up to fight a bigger guy will always have success early in a fight usually until the bigger guy has correctly judged the distance and timing then it's lights out.

Although a really skillful fighter who's fundementally sound can negate the size disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
              What I'm saying is Triple g's defense is garbage! Ronnie Shields was saying Triple g has a good defense and I just don't see it. His defense is below average and Canelo is gonna taxed that ass in September.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
                How old are you?

You sound like an immature kid?

There is no doubt he did not respect brook's ability to hurt him that's why he pressured him without regard for his own defence

A blind man can see that!

Against Jacobs he was hit and took a backwards step because he respected the power!!

Both guys have ways to win, but I believe if everything is virtually similar - the guy who punches naturally harder usually wins

The jab will be a big key in This fight and ggg imo has the better jab - canelos combos will be an issue but I think ggg can reduce his punch count after round 6 onwards
                I sound like an immature kid??
                Well you sound like a damn fool for saying that stupid shet and an even bigger fool if you actually believe it!
                I'm old enough to have been involved in over a hundred street fights in my lifetime. Lost a few, won a shet load of them!
                I've fought big guys, small guys, skinny guys, fat guys, you name it. But regardless, even when I fought guys smaller than me I still didn't like getting hit in the face. So I always did my best to hit and not be hit. So all you idiots that believe that bullshet that Triple g let's Fighters hit him on purpose to make it interesting or that he doesn't respect certain Fighters power and don't mind being hit by them, that's total bullshet! His defense is weak and that's why Kell Brook got to him.
                IDK anyone who likes to get hit in the face, regardless of who's hitting him. So when you see Fighters like Brandon Rios, Ruslan Provodnikov, Alfredo Angelo, ect... saying that they love being in Wars well that's bullshet! They fight like that cause that's all they know. Their defense is garbage so they have no choice but to go to war hoping their opponents quit first! That's all they can do!
                You've probably never been socked in the mouth before or even been in a Fight in your life cause you always run when it's time to fight so that's why you actually believe that bullshet your saying. Me, I know what it feels to be hit in the face and it's not a good feeling!

Comment

Golovkin's defense and boxing ability are underrated and he can take a punch. He definitely hit harder than Canelo, or any other middleweight for that matter. GGG has more tools than Canelo, but I would not rule Canelo out. Canelo punches with power and accuracy and he has a decent defense.

The first three rounds will tell the tale of the fight. If Canelo is able to take GGG's power and counter effectively, I can see him becoming the aggressor in later rounds and win the fight.

Comment

I sound like an immature kid??
                    Well you sound like a damn fool for saying that stupid shet and an even bigger fool if you actually believe it!
                    I'm old enough to have been involved in over a hundred street fights in my lifetime. Lost a few, won a shet load of them!
                    I've fought big guys, small guys, skinny guys, fat guys, you name it. But regardless, even when I fought guys smaller than me I still didn't like getting hit in the face. So I always did my best to hit and not be hit. So all you idiots that believe that bullshet that Triple g let's Fighters hit him on purpose to make it interesting or that he doesn't respect certain Fighters power and don't mind being hit by them, that's total bullshet! His defense is weak and that's why Kell Brook got to him.
                    IDK anyone who likes to get hit in the face, regardless of who's hitting him. So when you see Fighters like Brandon Rios, Ruslan Provodnikov, Alfredo Angelo, ect... saying that they love being in Wars well that's bullshet! They fight like that cause that's all they know. Their defense is garbage so they have no choice but to go to war hoping their opponents quit first! That's all they can do!
                    You've probably never been socked in the mouth before or even been in a Fight in your life cause you always run when it's time to fight so that's why you actually believe that bullshet your saying. Me, I know what it feels to be hit in the face and it's not a good feeling!
                    I don't think Golovkin likes to get hit in the face either, but he does get careless when he fights someone with little power to hurt him such as Willie Monroe. He can also be very defensive if he respects the other guy's power like he did in the early rounds of the Lemieux fight. But he does get tagged even when he is not careless. I don't think GGG will be able to avoid getting tagged a few times by Canelo, but he is the bigger and the more powerful of the two. If the red head, can take GGG's power, he wins. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by cally93 View Post
                      All the talk that Golovkin allows himself to be hit is nonsense I agree, no fighter gets hit on purpose.

However you can't use brook as an example, a smaller fighter moving up to fight a bigger guy will always have success early in a fight usually until the bigger guy has correctly judged the distance and timing then it's lights out.

Although a really skillful fighter who's fundementally sound can negate the size disadvantage.
                      "Although a really skillful fighter who's fundamentally sound can negate the size disadvantage." Yep, Mayweather for example.

Comment

Working...
                      X