Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like I said - AB is rubbish but Mikey ain't all that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is TYPICAL on this forum! People doubt a guy going in, post all this BS about "WHO HAS HE FOUGHT" then when he wins people want to nit pick, discredit and point out that fight flaws.

Mikey real Deal! I would like to see him go back down and unify with Linares and Easter at 135 and then comeback up and grow fully into a 140 fighter properly. Looked a bit soft to me so he did not BULK UP for Broner he seem to just carry extra weight that he can lose easily to go back down if need be for a big fight!

Comment

Broner would still whoop that b1tch azz coward Lomachicken.

Comment

Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
        Crawford is a definite L for Mikey, possibly a knock out. I like the fact that Mikey takes his limited athleticsm and uses boxing ability iq and adaption to overcome fighters willpower. But if this fight is any indication he don't hit hard enough at 140.

Loma is a question mark. Nobody 130 down has been able to test Mikey: Salido, Lopez, or Martinez. And loma has improved since salido, so it's really hard to say.
        Yeah a loma fight is certainly closer but let's not act like salido didn't dent mikey. I think it showed us a chunk in the armour. Mikey isn't a dog.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          This is TYPICAL on this forum! People doubt a guy going in, post all this BS about "WHO HAS HE FOUGHT" then when he wins people want to nit pick, discredit and point out that fight flaws.

Mikey real Deal! I would like to see him go back down and unify with Linares and Easter at 135 and then comeback up and grow fully into a 140 fighter properly. Looked a bit soft to me so he did not BULK UP for Broner he seem to just carry extra weight that he can lose easily to go back down if need be for a big fight!
          Show me where I said any of that prefight. Issue is, I know how good mikey is which means I know his limitations.

We will all find out guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
            Just goes to show most ppl don't know wtf they're watching when they watch these fight. Mikey is clearly one of the top 10 best fighters in the world.

This

This post is full of salt

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Show me where I said any of that prefight. Issue is, I know how good mikey is which means I know his limitations.

We will all find out guess.
              Comment wasn't directed at you personally but more so IN GENERAL! That is why I posted
              "This is TYPICAL on this forum!"
              because it is. After a guy people doubt or don't want to win actually wins, people come on this forum with negativity EVERY TIME with the "HE IS REALLY NOT THAT GOOD..." BS! This was done to Spence Jr after the Kell Brook fight, Terrance Crawford after the Postal, Anthony Joshua after the Wlad fight. This is what people do on this FORUM! PERIOD and I stand by that!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Comment wasn't directed at you personally but more so IN GENERAL! That is why I posted because it is. After a guy people doubt or don't want to win actually wins, people come on this forum with negativity EVERY TIME with the "HE IS REALLY NOT THAT GOOD..." BS! This was done to Spence Jr after the Kell Brook fight, Terrance Crawford after the Postal, Anthony Joshua after the Wlad fight. This is what people do on this FORUM! PERIOD and I stand by that!
                I saw Spence getting a lot of acclaim after that win, as did AJ.

I agree that it happens on this forum but it normally happens with a guy who isnt part of the majority group.

Anway, like I said, the coming year will show us all of what Mikey has, or does not have.

Comment

I'm calling it now. Mikey is not a p4p calibre fighter. He can looked very physically dominant and powerful when he can impose size but against guys that can match size, will never look that good.

Don't get me wrong, he was punch perfect against AB but like I've been saying for years, before the Maidana fight even, AB is at best a c/d level fight. Not only has AB lost his fights, he has lost almost every round in those fights. Mikey just did what others have done already, and looked just as slow and mechanical and I've said he is.

If he fights Loma, he loses. If he fights TC, he loses. If he fights any of the top guys at welter, he loses.

I think this should be the perfect opportunity for Khan to get back in the spotlight. He'd cut Mikey up and beat him by a wide, wide decision.
                  Except when Garcia knocks Khan out cold with a right hook in the early rounds

Comment

I'm calling it now. Mikey is not a p4p calibre fighter. He can looked very physically dominant and powerful when he can impose size but against guys that can match size, will never look that good.

Don't get me wrong, he was punch perfect against AB but like I've been saying for years, before the Maidana fight even, AB is at best a c/d level fight. Not only has AB lost his fights, he has lost almost every round in those fights. Mikey just did what others have done already, and looked just as slow and mechanical and I've said he is.

If he fights Loma, he loses. If he fights TC, he loses. If he fights any of the top guys at welter, he loses.

I think this should be the perfect opportunity for Khan to get back in the spotlight. He'd cut Mikey up and beat him by a wide, wide decision.
                    i agree
                    Since Broner came on the scene years ago I always said he looked good beating bums but he was never as special as people made him out to be. He became very well known for his stuff outside the ring and people confused his FAME with his actual Skill level inside the ring. Fame being higher than his level of course.

Mikey is good but he isn't elite..

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLucy View Post
                      i agree
                      Since Broner came on the scene years ago I always said he looked good beating bums but he was never as special as people made him out to be. He became very well known for his stuff outside the ring and people confused his FAME with his actual Skill level inside the ring. Fame being higher than his level of course.

Mikey is good but he isn't elite..
                      Spot on. I think the Paulie fight should have been the eye opener for everyone but most ignored it.

Comment

Working...
                      X