Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adrien Broner a elite, good, mediocre or a bad fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is a good fighter....IMO he was very good at lower weights where he was abusing his size and power. Doesn't seem to be confident letting his hands go at the higher weights.

Comment

Those categories are bad. He's obviously not a p4p fighter, but that doesn't mean he's between mediocre and bum. He's a good fighter, top 10 in his division, with good skills. He's not elite though.

I thought he'd be too big for Mikey, but was wrong. Because Mikey was moving up, it's a great win for him.

Comment

Mediocre and average fighters don`t make a million in one fight.

A huge win for Mikey.

Comment

mediocre. the day the fight got made i said it wasnt some great match up. Just a world class fighter beating up a fringe level guy. The type of fight that happens every weekend but cause its broner somehow people think hes gonna shock the world nd put in the type of performance that hes never shown any evidence hes capable of

Comment

Same level as Lucas, which is why that fight makes so much sense right now.

Is there a better match up for the fans at 140 or 147 than Broner Matthysse right now?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
              He clearly has talent. But there's a disconnect some where. Someone with his speed and power shouldn't be throwing so few punches consistently. When he lets his hands go, good things happen, but he refuses. I'm not sure if it's a stamina thing or what. But his boxing IQ really isn't all that good
              hey bro, thoughts on the Quintana trade? My sox picked up your boy Eloy who is raking in the minors for us but Quintana is a beast for you guys. did you think the trade was fair?

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                hey bro, thoughts on the Quintana trade? My sox picked up your boy Eloy who is raking in the minors for us but Quintana is a beast for you guys. did you think the trade was fair?
                Very fair trade. Eloy is gonna be a beast and the Cubs needed affordable, controlled starting pitching. This has all the potential of being a win-win for both teams. And don't sleep on Cease. He can be a really good pitcher

Comment

He couldn't separate himself from a shot Paulie on my card. That says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    So this was a mediocre win for Mikey then? It's only fair. I don't think a win should be called 'good' when the fighter was mediocre. The performance can be called good/great? sure. List Broner as a good win? Huh? That's being inconsistent.

"Yeah Mikey is great for that win over Broner, he really showed he's elite...and oh yeah, one more thing, Broner sucks!"

It's a good win for mikey. He moved up to beat a "good" fighter. From a macro standpoint, broner is mediocre. Who did he beat to become this "4 division champion" again? He's an idiot. Last night post fight interview just reaffirmed what we already know about this guy.

Comment

He's somewhere between Mediocre and good.

He's better than mediocre but he's not 'good' as in I don't think he'll ever be top 10 p4p from here on out.

Edit: maybe I should have voted mediocre lol, but I still think he's slightly better than mediocre.
                      Last edited by Hype job; 07-30-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X