Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adrien Broner a elite, good, mediocre or a bad fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's crazy that in 2013 this guy was considered to be the next P4P king and future ATG.

4 years, 3 loss's and many struggles later he's not even considered good by most.

For me, the moment I realised Adrien Broner had limited potential was the Pauli fight. That was his moment to shine, to have his own "Gatti moment" over a faded solid belt holder. Yet no only did he not have his Gatti moment but he struggled to even win. He showed so many flaws in that fight. Can you imagine a 24 year old Floyd or Pacquaio vs that version of Pauli? Jesus Christ.

But for some reason people ignored that performance like it didn't happen. So many respected posters expected him to destroy Maidana. Mind boggling.

At this point Broner is a gate keeper. Never has and never will beat a elite level fighter.

Comment

I can't choose any of those options because any world titlist is not just a mediocre fighter.

Comment

mediocre to good fighter with elite marketing....

Comment

Does anyone remember who were the titlists/contenders at 130 when Broner held the WBO? I remember Burns held a title around that time (and then dropped it), but who else was there?

As I look back on Broner's 130lb campaign, it hasn't seemed to age well: Escobedo (missed weight), Perez, Litzau, PDL, and Rodriguez. His most notable performance is still DeMarco.

I can't say Broner is a bad fighter, but it's been a while since I was impressed by one of his performances.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 08-01-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Adrien Broner is simply a comedian who happens to do a hilarious Mayweather imitation. A pathetic adult who has yet to find the courage to be himself. Imagine living life in a Mayweather costume 24/7?

It's Halloween every night in Broner's world.

MadeInChina Mayweather

Comment

Voted Good should have voted mediocre. Shawn porter is a good fighter, broner cant beat him so hes a tier below

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
                Adrien Broner is simply a comedian who happens to do a hilarious Mayweather imitation. A pathetic adult who has yet to find the courage to be himself. Imagine living life in a Mayweather costume 24/7?

It's Halloween every night in Broner's world.

MadeInChina Mayweather
                Lol do you have coke out at the border or wtf is that?

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                  Voted Good should have voted mediocre. Shawn porter is a good fighter, broner cant beat him so hes a tier below
                  This is a very dangerous way of thinking because you can't just use it for Broner vs Porter, you'll have to apply it all throughout the history of boxing. So if a fighter cannot beat a certain fighter then he is a tier below that fighter?
                  This is not accurate. Somebody has to lose, it could be an elite vs elite, or good vs good, or mediocre vs mediocre. Somebody has to lose, but that doesn't mean that the loser is proven to be a tier lower. It depends on who used their style more effectively. I think both Mikey and Crawford are elite, but Crawford wins, it doesn't drop Mikey to a tier below TC.

Comment

A contender that can't win the big one

Comment

Working...
                    X