Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name all the fighters from Floyds era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But to answer TS, Floyd has been his own boss since 2006. That literally means Floyd could fight whomever he wanted from 135 to 154. If he felt like fighting the #1 Lightweight, he'll fight the #1 Lightweight. If he felt like fighting the #1 JWW at WW, that's what he would do.

If Horn is ranked #1 at WW at the end of 2017 and Floyd wants to steal some more money, that's what he'll do. If he feels like fighting a guy that's 0-0, guess what? You get the point.

The Pac and Canelo fights were good fights at the time. Was Pac the same in 2015 that he was in 2009? No.

Should Floyd have fought Cotto, Margarito and Williams between 2008-2009 instead of retiring? Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
      I want to make sure everyone reads how ****** you are first, notice Larry hasn't chimed in, he knows I'm right
      Thing is with me im not here to bash Manny who is one of the greatest fighters to ever lace up a pair of gloves..The title at 154 was a joke but the fact that Manny came from such a small weight outweighs the damn title..**** the title this guy went in and beat up a huge Margarito, i mean beat him worse than anyone in his entire career..sure Mosley knocked him out but Manny ended the mans career..He beat Margarito like he ****d his daughter...Manny is a wonderful fighter and i only made threads about him to piss off his troll ass fans...

But why cant Floyd get the same damn respect?The man did whatever he had to do to adjust and win without the power of Manny, which in my mind makes it harder to win cause you dont have that X factor with your power..Both are freaks of nature and i am thankful to have witnessed them fight

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        Thing is with me im not here to bash Manny who is one of the greatest fighters to ever lace up a pair of gloves..The title at 154 was a joke but the fact that Manny came from such a small weight outweighs the damn title..**** the title this guy went in and beat up a huge Margarito, i mean beat him worse than anyone in his entire career..sure Mosley knocked him out but Manny ended the mans career..He beat Margarito like he ****d his daughter...Manny is a wonderful fighter and i only made threads about him to piss off his troll ass fans...

But why cant Floyd get the same damn respect?The man did whatever he had to do to adjust and win without the power of Manny, which in my mind makes it harder to win cause you dont have that X factor with your power..Both are freaks of nature and i am thankful to have witnessed them fight
        Since you're being so objective, why can't you admit that Floyd retired during a fcuked up time?

Why can't you admit that from 2007-2009 there were some crucial moves being made at 147 and Floyd didn't participate in none of it.

Floyd and Cotto were on a crash course to meet in early 2008 and Floyd told Larry Merchant how he really felt.

Cotto and Manny have lost yes. Hell, even Margarito and Williams lost. But guess what? They didn't need 3-4 retirements.

Why can't you admit this?

And before you start talking about titles, just remember that "Floyd is his own boss" and fights who he wants when he wants to fight them.

Comment

He tarnished himself with the IV, great fighter, brilliant defense, but was it turbo charged? You guys call Floyd TBE but it's very hard to go past 8 divisions, imagine if Floyd fought at LHW, could he win and damage the fighter like pacquaio did? I think not

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
            Since you're being so objective, why can't you admit that Floyd retired during a fcuked up time?

Why can't you admit that from 2007-2009 there were some crucial moves being made at 147 and Floyd didn't participate in none of it.

Floyd and Cotto were on a crash course to meet in early 2008 and Floyd told Larry Merchant how he really felt.

Cotto and Manny have lost yes. Hell, even Margarito and Williams lost. But guess what? They didn't need 3-4 retirements.

Why can't you admit this?

And before you start talking about titles, just remember that "Floyd is his own boss" and fights who he wants when he wants to fight them.
            Man they never made the money Floyd made even then..Soon as Cotto started making good money look at the damn diva he became...STOP!!!! Floyd is an ATG damn great and that is WHY YOU CANT NAME NO DAMN FIGHTERS FROM HIS ERA WHO ACCOMPLISHED MORE OR HAD A BETTER RESUME!!! simple as that..all the posts you have made and you still have not answered the thread question..STOP HATING DAMN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shape up View Post
              he tarnished himself with the iv, great fighter, brilliant defense, but was it turbo charged? You guys call floyd tbe but it's very hard to go past 8 divisions, imagine if floyd fought at lhw, could he win and damage the fighter like pacquaio did? I think not
              so the only fighter who comes close to him is manny another atg???? Who head to head he happened to beat??

Comment

• Originally posted by chollo vista View Post
                but to answer ts, floyd has been his own boss since 2006. That literally means floyd could fight whomever he wanted from 135 to 154. If he felt like fighting the #1 lightweight, he'll fight the #1 lightweight. If he felt like fighting the #1 jww at ww, that's what he would do.

If horn is ranked #1 at ww at the end of 2017 and floyd wants to steal some more money, that's what he'll do. If he feels like fighting a guy that's 0-0, guess what? You get the point.

The pac and canelo fights were good fights at the time. Was pac the same in 2015 that he was in 2009? No.

should floyd have fought cotto, margarito and williams between 2008-2009 instead of retiring? yes.
                if they were that good wouldnt atleast one of them had came out on top?

Comment

No answer Chuck?
                  Because there isn't anyone bro but you already know that so why even start the thread my man?
                  He is an atg and top 3 of our era maybe even the best I just don't get why you have to ball wash him all the time. Not everyone has to like him

Comment

if they were that good wouldnt atleast one of them had came out on top?
                    They were too busy beating up on each other bro taking risks and challenging themselves while Floyd had his fake retirement.

Comment

Man they never made the money Floyd made even then..Soon as Cotto started making good money look at the damn diva he became...STOP!!!! Floyd is an ATG damn great and that is WHY YOU CANT NAME NO DAMN FIGHTERS FROM HIS ERA WHO ACCOMPLISHED MORE OR HAD A BETTER RESUME!!! simple as that..all the posts you have made and you still have not answered the thread question..STOP HATING DAMN!!!
                      And just when I thought you were trying to be objective. The ONLY reason you're not hating on Pac is because Floyd beat him and that boosts Floyd's resume.

One minute you're talking about money, the next you're talking about legacy.

It's ok for Floyd to skip out the best times at 147 because?? He felt like retiring? That's ok?

How many times has Floyd had to ask someone if they're their own boss? You know why? Because they're not their own boss, only Floyd is.

What does that mean? That means if Floyd wants to fight the #1 Lightweight, you guys will love him for it. If he wants to fight the #1 JWW you guys will love him for it. If he wants to fight a guy that's 0-0, you guys will love him for it.

At the end of 2010, Victor Ortiz was the #9 ranked JWW. Victor beat The Great Andre Berto and "earned" his shot with Mayweather. This is what I'm talking about. Floyd might as well fight Jeff Horn next.

Wanna know what Robert Guerrero's WW resume consisted of? Aydin and Berto. Selcuk Aydin and Andre Berto. But tell me how beating Guerrero was the greatest thing since slice bread? Why because he was #10 P4P? When Pac beat Mosley, Mosley was #8 if I'm not mistaken and we know where Mosley was in his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X