Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Was Preparing For Salido, But Ready For Marriaga

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Was Preparing For Salido, But Ready For Marriaga

WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko mentioned that he was fully preparing to face Mexico's Orlando 'Siri' Salido in a long awaited rematch on August 5, but then he was advised that Salido was out - and Colombian Miguel Marriaga was placed in the contest. Vasyl was eager to avenge the only loss of his pro career to Salido, and an economic agreement had been reached but an injury to Salido's hand prevented the deal from being finalized, and then Marriaga, who comes back from a solid fight against WBO 126-pound champion Oscar Valdez, was thrown in the mix.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He was preparing for a C level fighter and is ready for a C level fighter.

Comment

Low-Tech is the white Deontay Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        He was preparing for a C level fighter and is ready for a C level fighter.
        B-level, but yes. Although, the Salido he actually fought before, weighing in 2 pounds overweight then 11 pounds heavier in the ring (not 11+ pounds bigger at 160, like Jacobs and GGG, which is already a lot, but 11 pounds bigger at 126. That;s a lot), in Texas, with Salido fouling all night, was definitely an A-level test in Lomachenko's 2nd pro fight, and Lomachenko almost knocked him out in the 12th round.

Regardless, Lomachenko already passed the supposed A-level test in Russell, and then Walters the man who knocked out Guillermo Rigondeaux's biggest win. Lomachenko stopped the guy who knocked out the guy who is Rigondeaux's biggest win, so you have to give credit. Tank Davis would be another test on the GRJ level but even bigger because Tank is so much bigger and more powerful, but Floyd has already openly admitted he wants Tank to avoid Lomachenko. Lomachenko is being ducked like GGG and Kovalev were in their primes. It's the problem with modern boxing.

Comment

where's that jerkoff gervonta hiding behind the skirts of floyd junior?

Comment

Never stop bringing up the salido loss during interviews, you can visibly see how upset and angry he gets everytime a reporter brings it up

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              B-level, but yes. Although, the Salido he actually fought before, weighing in 2 pounds overweight then 11 pounds heavier in the ring (not 11+ pounds bigger at 160, like Jacobs and GGG, which is already a lot, but 11 pounds bigger at 126. That;s a lot), in Texas, with Salido fouling all night, was definitely an A-level test in Lomachenko's 2nd pro fight, and Lomachenko almost knocked him out in the 12th round.

Regardless, Lomachenko already passed the supposed A-level test in Russell, and then Walters the man who knocked out Guillermo Rigondeaux's biggest win. Lomachenko stopped the guy who knocked out the guy who is Rigondeaux's biggest win, so you have to give credit. Tank Davis would be another test on the GRJ level but even bigger because Tank is so much bigger and more powerful, but Floyd has already openly admitted he wants Tank to avoid Lomachenko. Lomachenko is being ducked like GGG and Kovalev were in their primes. It's the problem with modern boxing.
              Salido and Marriaga aren't B level and Russell and Walters aren't A. I'll tell you who is A level, Rigo. A level is the best fighters in the sport P4P top 10 or close. Russell and Walters were neither.

Comment

Do you guys think they made a mistake making Loma's nickname "Hi-Tech"? Fighters like Floyd and Lara and Ward have kind of given "technical boxing" a bad name because the term was often used to describe what they were doing incorrectly. It was often false advertising but what it did was poison that term in the minds of many casual boxing fans, so if they see it now applied to Lomachenko, a true, entertaining "technical boxer," they might not know the difference and just think, "So this guy fights like Ward or Lara then? No thanks I won't watch."

Especially with the shorts Loma wore last time, I wonder if they shouldn't have just called him Vasyl "The Matrix" Lomachenko. It's not as original, since you're knocking off a movie, but I feel like it would go viral a lot better. Lots of casuals might think, "This guy says he fights like The Matrix? OK let me check this out and see if he's really that good," and then when they see him, they tell their friends, "Holy **** have you guys seen this Matrix dude? He's like half Pacquiao, half Floyd, it's crazy. You have to watch this fight!"

And every nice move Loma does, they would post gifs on twitter saying stuff like "More #Matrix here from Vasyl Lomachenko."

But who knows, I'm not a marketing a guy. Hi-tech sounds cool too, like James Bond or something.

Comment

Originally posted by crow511 View Post
                  Never stop bringing up the salido loss during interviews, you can visibly see how upset and angry he gets everytime a reporter brings it up
                  And you get off on seeing other people made angry and having to relive their regrets? Or just white people? Or what? I'm trying to understand what this comment is about. If Lomachenko were a ducker or cherry picker it would be one thing, but the only reason you even have this opportunity for schadenfreude is because Lomachenko dared to be great in only his 2nd pro fight by fighting a guy who missed weight, then weighed in 10+ pounds bigger on fight night, on his opponent's home turf, with a corrupt referee. Then instead of a tuneup coming off his "loss," Lomachenko beat Gary Russell who the likes of Santa Cruz, Frampton, Rigondeaux, etc still have not fought.

It's actually Lomachenko being ducked by the likes of Tank Davis, so again I don't understand why you want to see Lomachenko angry or disappointed. Maybe reporters should keep bringing up Lomachenko in every Floyd interview, because you can visibly see how irritated Floyd gets having to tip toe around the question because you can visibly see he knows Lomachenko would beat up Tank Davis and that would be bad for business. But again I'm not even focused on who is irritated in an interview, I just want to see the best fight the best. Why you want to see Lomachenko made angry just for the sake of it is pretty weird, but I can guess what the motivation is. If you do have that much racial hatred in your heart, I just hope you at least aren't the type to complain about racism and play the victim, but unfortunately many times it does go both ways, and people are complete hypocrites. But I hope you're not like that and maybe you're not, maybe you don't complain about racism or claim people have prejudice against you because of your race. It just wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    Do you guys think they made a mistake making Loma's nickname "Hi-Tech"? Fighters like Floyd and Lara and Ward have kind of given "technical boxing" a bad name because the term was often used to describe what they were doing incorrectly. It was often false advertising but what it did was poison that term in the minds of many casual boxing fans, so if they see it now applied to Lomachenko, a true, entertaining "technical boxer," they might not know the difference and just think, "So this guy fights like Ward or Lara then? No thanks I won't watch."

Especially with the shorts Loma wore last time, I wonder if they shouldn't have just called him Vasyl "The Matrix" Lomachenko. It's not as original, since you're knocking off a movie, but I feel like it would go viral a lot better. Lots of casuals might think, "This guy says he fights like The Matrix? OK let me check this out and see if he's really that good," and then when they see him, they tell their friends, "Holy **** have you guys seen this Matrix dude? He's like half Pacquiao, half Floyd, it's crazy. You have to watch this fight!"

And every nice move Loma does, they would post gifs on twitter saying stuff like "More #Matrix here from Vasyl Lomachenko."

But who knows, I'm not a marketing a guy. Hi-tech sounds cool too, like James Bond or something.
                    He wasn't the matrix when he fought Salido. I know, 2nd fight. Yada, yada, yada... Other than a quitting Walters, and Russell shuffling his feet, he hasn't fought anyone to earn "Hi-Thech" or "The Matrix" nicknames.

Comment

Working...
                    X