Will Canelo Box or Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
    Canelo will stand but he won't fight.

Meaning, his footwork ain't gonna be the answer to GGG stalking and coming foreward but he also won't want to out-and-out brawl knowing it's too dangerous...so he may stand a lot of the time but he will be 'careful' try to box as he does so
    Canelo will be successful early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
      Canelo will be successful early on.
      I agree...he will look a lot more crisp and possibly make GGG look slightly ineffective but I can't help but see it as a major factor in this fight that Canelo's feet are no good and GGG stalks and walks down so well

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        I don't think this will happen because GGG has been hurt and can be hurt. He was most noticeably hurt by a left hook against a journeyman early in his pro career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76AX1HrdB64

He was also rocked against Danny Jacobs and Kell Brook. How hurt he was varies by who you ask, but each shot definitely caught his attention - no doubt.

And, for the record, I am fairly certain that both guys can hurt both guys. GGG is most susceptible to being hurt from counter-punching at combinations (see top video and Jacobs/Brook vids) and Canelo is arguably the best MW at both of those things.

No matter how you slice it it's a good fight. Even if neither guy could hurt each other, the styles matchup alone (aggressor/stalker versus counter-puncher who throws in combinations) is a good one.

Also, how do you embed videos? plz
        right click on a youtube video and select copy embed code and then past into post

Comment

Working...
        X