Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez is Open To Training Sergey Kovalev, Door is Open

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    No trainer in the world can teach heart, something Kovalev lacks.

He's done.
    Done done? Nah....

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      No trainer in the world can teach heart, something Kovalev lacks.

He's done.
      ... it's not so much about "heart" here... it's more about the "limitations" of his "boxing school" (i.e. the "Soviet school") and also about Ward's excellence (which is one of a kind)! ...

Comment

Kovalev has really long arms that's why his jab and straight right so good traditionally long arm fighters are not great body punchers

Comment

Shorter arm guys Frazier Marciano Tyson etc destroy the body

Comment

But they can improve his body work long arm guy never as good as shorter arm guys

Comment

Kovalev strikes me as the kind who's hard to work with just by virtue of his aggressive personality. It shows in a bunch of different ways, where he not only enjoys hurting people but will openly mock his opponent as he's lying face down unconscious on the canvas, seems to have no regrets over one of his early opponents dying after fighting him, overtly racist, doesn't even pretend to have any respect for his opponents etc. You think someone like that is going to want to be told what to do by some elderly trainer who's less than half his size? I see him as someone who's ruled by his pride and believes too much in his own superiority, in fact in the commentary to the WvK rematch I remember someone passing comment that Kovalev has the psychological profile of a bully, which I think describes him to a T. I think losing to Ward the first time shook him and losing as badly as he did the second time has probably rocked him to his core. I don't think there's a trainer out there that will truly be able to resolve the mental challenges Kovalev presents.

Comment

in before "but kovalev was schooling ward in a near shutout before a series of low blows"

Comment

Sergey was unlucky in both ward fights for different reasons sounds like excuses but i dont follow either fighter and as a neutral felt that was the case there wont be a third fight between them now so history will tell of ward winning both but dosent tell the true story kovalev is best light heavy imo

Comment

Kovalev needs to ask himself if he's willing to put in the work necessary to be a champ.
                    Moving up to cruiserweight says he's doesn't have the discipline to stay at 175.
                    Say what you will about Ward, but you have to admire his work ethic. Kovalev doesn't need a new trainer, he needs a new attitude and at 35, I don't see that happening.

Comment

Kovalev is to damn stubborn and is uncoachable..

Comment

Working...
                      X