Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz: Crossing Fingers (and Toes)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder doing everything he can to keep hold of his belt. First he wanted Briggs if he took a drugs test, declined Hearns offer to fight AJ on the pretence of not enough money but will fight for crumbs and go looking for a 40 year old Ortiz who was avoided like the plague by Yanks years ago. American HW division has gone ****, seriously.....no one outside Alabama knows who Wilder is. HW champion of the world my arse. I'd wager my life savings more people know AJ in the US than Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      Wilder doing everything he can to keep hold of his belt. First he wanted Briggs if he took a drugs test, declined Hearns offer to fight AJ on the pretence of not enough money but will fight for crumbs and go looking for a 40 year old Ortiz who was avoided like the plague by Yanks years ago. American HW division has gone ****, seriously.....no one outside Alabama knows who Wilder is. HW champion of the world my arse. I'd wager my life savings more people know AJ in the US than Wilder.
      Shannon Briggs has failed his last drug test. Eddie Hearn is a snake he wanted to fool Deontay into fighting his bum Dyllan Whyte on his terms but look where Luis Ortiz is now after following Eddie Hearns blueprint.

Comment

Stiverne lost every round to Wilder. Came in fat. Didn't throw punches just tried to survive on the biggest night of his life.

Comment

And he wasn't fighting on two weeks notice purposely didn't put in the work for biggest chance in his life

Comment

So since then he got dropped by a C heavy Rossy and won disputed decision. From that he becomes number 1 contender?

Comment

Not fighting and having one fight against a unranked fighter earns him a mandatory shot? Smells not fair

Comment

So Wilder wants to fight a caught ped cheat Ortiz which would probably be a better at least new fight

Comment

Only in boxing do you see such blatant inept or corrupt actions by a sanctioning body

Comment

As I've said since this no talent ass clown picked up the belt in January 2015. Ortiz would KO this bum beater if they ever fought

Comment

I had some hope for Stiverne after his two fights against Arreola, but he stunk it up against Deontay in their title fight (I know he blames overtraining or illness), and hasn't done anything of note since. Getting dropped by Rossy certainly isn't a ringing endorsement. Hopefully the Ortiz/Wilder fight can get made; I think it's a fight where we really don't know what will happen. Ortiz has looked very pedestrian since he beat Jennings. He labored with Thompson, Scott and others....I'm not so sure he comes in and blasts out Wilder. With the Brown Bomber it's always the same question, can he spark your chin before you spark his. He's a limited boxer with questionable chin but great range and vicious power. Hope it happens!

Comment

Working...
                      X