Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Willie Monroe Predicts Canelo Will Stop Golovkin in '9 or 10'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kazeki View Post
    Well, canelo punches great to the body, so the ko could come from a body shot. Doesn't necessarily have to be a headshot.
    you might have to watch that fight again cotto did engage he just didnt have the power to hurt canelo or keep him honest. it wasnt until the tail end of the fight that cotto started to get gun shy after taking some hard shots. Even then though he kept fighting but he was mostly circling back. but he didnt get dropped or even wobbled. He was definitely hurt with a couple shots.

Comment

Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
      Monroe Jr doesn't know anything about boxing. He's never been in the ring.

I believe these village peasants from Katarzan. GGG kos Canelo in one round.
      Yeah i don't get why fans get hurt because a boxer thinks someone else's other than their favourite wins a fight.

I would take the word of a boxer that has been in their with someone over fanboys, and those that use triangle theory also makes me laugh, Cotto wasn't KO so Canelo should/can't do it to GGG....ok fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
        2017 has been completely filled with upsets and surprises so I've completely stopped making predictions. This is honestly one of those fights where you wont know whats gonna happen til it happens.

I think it goes 12 honestly. I think GGG is gonna keep Canelo at bay w/ his jab and I think Canelo is gonna catch GGG with a few uppercuts and steal a few rounds with combos that may only land partially but will look good and keep GGG covering up.

Its in GGGs best interest to viciously attack Canelos body early. I think hes got a great chin but a soft body, and consistent gassing in fights that go more than 6.

If i see GGG doing that early then i would have to change my pick mid fight lol, It would be in the best interest of Canelo to avoid taking GGG's bodyshots.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
          I am with you there. Canelo wins but not by ko. Monroe's breakdown was pretty accurate. One of the best I have seen about this fight.
          Yeah, it's a tough call, but I keep seeing Canelo edging it out. And that's not even factoring in the "consideration" he might get from the judges. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Yeah i don't get why fans get hurt because a boxer thinks someone else's other than their favourite wins a fight.

I would take the word of a boxer that has been in their with someone over fanboys, and those that use triangle theory also makes me laugh, Cotto wasn't KO so Canelo should/can't do it to GGG....ok fanboys.
            Children, bro. Lol

And yeah, although I don't think Canelo wins by KO, not having KOed Cotto isn't the only reason why. Willie might turn out to be right after all.

Comment

The problem I have with the prediction is although Monroe had some success it didn't help him win the fight. If you stand in Golovkin's range (mid-or close) he will hurt. I still turn to the Jacobs fight since he had the most success. He stayed slightly outside Golovkin's punching range and used his quick footwork to get in and out. Whenever he lingered too long Golovkin caught him with something. He was also unpredictable with his attack and was always in position to counter. Canelo is good at close range but Golovkin can be effective also. Golovkin could box him like he did Lemieux if he chooses. I don't think Canelo's footwork is quick enough to close the distance if Golovkin stays at range.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Children, bro. Lol

And yeah, although I don't think Canelo wins by KO, not having KOed Cotto isn't the only reason why. Willie might turn out to be right after all.
                Definitely agree with you, I don't think Canelo wins by KO too, I think he takes the decision but i just think the fight happened at the right time for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  If i see GGG doing that early then i would have to change my pick mid fight lol, It would be in the best interest of Canelo to avoid taking GGG's bodyshots.
                  Yea i have to agree with that canelo has great upper body movement and definitely has the ability to make GGG miss a lot of head shots but his body will be right there. he doesnt have the foot work or footspeed to get away so his counter punching will be his best weapon. but he'll take a few hard ones from GGG in the process.

he'd be smart to go for gggs body as well to try to take the mustard off of some of those punches.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                    The problem I have with the prediction is although Monroe had some success it didn't help him win the fight. If you stand in Golovkin's range (mid-or close) he will hurt. I still turn to the Jacobs fight since he had the most success. He stayed slightly outside Golovkin's punching range and used his quick footwork to get in and out. Whenever he lingered too long Golovkin caught him with something. He was also unpredictable with his attack and was always in position to counter. Canelo is good at close range but Golovkin can be effective also. Golovkin could box him like he did Lemieux if he chooses. I don't think Canelo's footwork is quick enough to close the distance if Golovkin stays at range.
                    I disagree with you. Ggg can not outbox Canelo in any way at all. Lemieux is a power puncher, Canelo is a boxer puncher who is a natural counter puncher and has the faster hands. Ggg is to slow to stand and trade with Canelo, by the time ggg tries to punch he would get hit by a combo of some sort. Ggg best weapon is his jab, but using the jab like he did with Lemieux on canelo will only allow Canelo to get the distance and timing and thus counter it all night. Ggg has to be creative not predictable because of the speed defecit. Canelo has shown he is able to outbox a faster guy (khan) so what you think he will do against a slower guy? Feet? When you are throwing punches your feet are NOT moving. Ggg is no Ali with his feet. He cuts the ring well but that doesn't mean he has good feet. When they are both within range, Canelo will have the advantage in speed and ggg in power, in my opinion. How well can Canelo take the shots if/when ggg connects? How well can Canelo use his hand speed to make ggg reset? Will ggg be willing to take a shot to give one? A lot of questions lots of scenarios, I replayed these over my head many times I see Canelo winning Ud...
                    Last edited by Robi13; 07-18-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

come on we all know canelo is going to win a disputed decision(or low blow ko some nonsense) this is boxing why are you trying to break down the fight. the politics decide everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X