Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder back Sep-Oct

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDK why "Brassiere" made me laugh so fucking hard. Should be a solid bout though I rather him face Whyte.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      Wilder is officially the "Bronze Bin Collector" nothing but trash opponents!

He needs to call out Luis Ortiz again or fight Jarrell Miller!

What about Brandon Jennings??
      Miller has to get by Washington first, Parker is terrified, Ortiz in no man's land getting old waiting for AJ

Comment

Wilders heavyweight reign is a joke.
        Last edited by -DSG-; 07-17-2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
          Breazeale is an ok fight. He is tough and you need to clobber him to get him out.

But if he doesn't have to fight driver why not fight againat whyte for much more money and much more exposure?
          Because Whyte is in the UK, on Matchroom bill featuring a heavyweight Championship fight for less money than Wilder believes the fight to be worth (Whyte has likely offered to come fight in the US, but the actual fight isn't all that meaningful here for the level that Whyte is at).

With the timing of the fight being what it is (and football on the cusp of taking off), the late September date likely means a fight night in Brooklyn (with Anthony Joshua also set to be coming back at around the same time, if Klitschko backs out and Pulev gets his mandatory defense in Cardiff).

Thrown in Joseph Parker fighting Huey Fury at around the same time (he stuck with the Duco Events partner who wasn't working with Top Rank), you've got the potential for an interesting set of business to be done (don't forget that Oquendo/Ustinov/Ortiz all have some claim to the WBA mandatory shot).

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            (don't forget that Oquendo/Ustinov/Ortiz all have some claim to the WBA mandatory shot).
            Only Ortiz should have claim to that mandatory shot. Oquendo hasn't fought in nearly three years and Ustinov been fighting dudes with double digit losses...since Ortiz is not with Golden Boy, Ustinov should try to get a fight with him but I've heard nothing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              According to various reports, WBC Champ Wilder will return either September 30 or October 14. If September 30 he will headline with Hurd-Trout as the co-main.

Oh, the opponent being talk about is Dominic Brassiere.
              Source?....

Comment

Not interested.

Comment

Can't see the logic behind this. If you're going to fight someone other than Stiverne, why choose Breazeale when a Whyte fight (which isn't any riskier than a Breeazeale fight) would be bring in a paycheck worth three to four times as much, and significantly more exposure to the UK market?

I hear people claiming that Wilder thinks a fight against Whyte should be worth even more, yet this flies in the face of Wilder coming out and calling Whyte a damn bum. If Whyte is a bum, what does that make everyone else Wilder has fought? Bum crumbs?

Haymon and Wilder desperately need to get their heads checked, because they're seriously selling Wilder's career well short of what it could have been.

There are contradictions and stupidity all over the show - and all roads lead to another Wilder disappointment. Surprised? No.

Comment

another fraudulent career. maybe in 5 years he beats klitschko and pbc fans pretend hes amazing

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                      I was about to ask what happened with that Wilder-Stiverne rematch but news of Stiverne missing a drug test shows that this may be possible...

I was wondering if it was in the cards after that skirmish they had in Alabama
                      WBC still rated him as #1 despite nearly dying against Rossy and then being hella inactive... I don't expect anything to change here TBH
                      Dude tested positive for some **** before Povetkin fight too

Comment

Working...
                      X