Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: I'm Rooting For Broner To Beat Garcia, He Can Do It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really really rooting for Broner in this fight. He is a familiar face and he is entertaining, both inside and outside the ring. Even though he isn't the next FM, I still like AB as it is. Given us some good fights and been super entertaining (maybe annoying for some people) outside the ring. I simply just think people overrated him, to start out with. You never wanna compare yourself to the biggest name in the sport your in. Imo.

Comment

I agree with B-Hop
      Mikey is good
      but a bit over hyped
      hope he proves me wrong
      but i'm rooting for Broner

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Not everyday you see a Lightweight jump up to Jr. WELTERWEIGHT and fight a guy in his prime and be the huge favorite
        but does that say more about how far Broner has fallen then it does about Mikey? I'm picking Mikey to win because he's really good but more so because how undisciplined and a train wreck Broner is. He has been regressing and hasn't looked good in a long time. Mikey is still getting better, motivated and focused. Broner has been going in the opposite direction for years. I think that's a huge reason why despite the size advantage he's such an underdog.

Comment

this bout is tough to predict because they both have alot of experience. But Broner hasn't lost a fight anywhere apart from welterweight. Even against a tough competitor like Porter at welterweight, Broner went the full distance and even dropped Porter in late rounds. It's shows Broners durability. If Broner comes prepared, Garcia will have a long night.

Comment

Originally posted by zoken View Post
            I dunno man...if B-HOP had picked Garcia, you would have probably said something like"he is picking Garcia because Broner is signed with Haymon..."
            Maybe he is picking Broner because he knows him personally and just likes him...
            Broner and Garcia are both signed with Haymon. Had he said Garcia, I would've said, "B-Hop ridin' with Philly!" Actually, I expected B-Hop to ride with Danny because of the Philly ties! I never expected B-Hop to say he's "rooting" for Broner! That's very surprising, until I realized that Mikey didn't sign with GBP, and that the WBC is going to force the issue of Garcia vs. Linares, and B-Hop wants Mikey to have less leverage! That's just my theory!

Comment

Originally posted by hrt3333
              Weird to me since Garcia's from Philly but he can root for who he wants
              wrong garcia

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                I think you are stretching big time. Sounds to me like Hopkins is just a fan of Broner and picking him to win a fight that has NOTHING to do with Golden Boy. Hell if this were about long term Golden Boy implications then he would root for Garcia because that's the guy they might sign later on and any loss probably kills a fight with Linares. No shot he losses to Broner and then fights Linares back to back.

If Oscar said this then maybe there is ulterior motives but Hopkins is more of a straight shooter he also works for HBO and gives his analysis for many non golden boy fights and has picked guys that go against Golden Boy best interests many times.
                I could be stretching, it's just my take on it. I rarely hear B-Hop say he's "rooting" for someone to win. I've seen him make predictions, but to say he's "rooting" for Broner was very surprising, especially when he's fighting a guy from Philly!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I could be stretching, it's just my take on it. I rarely hear B-Hop say he's "rooting" for someone to win. I've seen him make predictions, but to say he's "rooting" for Broner was very surprising, especially when he's fighting a guy from Philly!
                  Wrong garcia. Mikey garcia is not from philly.

Comment

Originally posted by hrt3333
                    Weird to me since Garcia's from Philly but he can root for who he wants
                    Mikey Garcia, from Cali, not Danny Garcia from Philly. I still think the same sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Wrong garcia. Mikey garcia is not from philly.
                      I'm trippin'...REAL HARD! My bad dog!

Comment

Working...
                      X