Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia vs. Shawn Porter For WBC Interim-Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by genrick View Post
    Spence and Porter have similar bullrushing style, although Porter is more consistent throughout a fight, and Errol only use it when necessary like in the Brook fight and he doesn;t need it in the Gift fight.
    Both tough fights for Garcia and I would hazard a guess he'd pick Porter being the smaller guy, but in no way easy.
    I don;t mind him avoiding these fights and go for guys like Berto, Collazo, Vargas, etc.
    Important thing is he remains active and not have to ask for a tuneup.
    One option for DSG, is a fight with Ray Robinson. He's 24-2, hasn't loss since he loss by decision to Shawn Porter in 2010, and he's also from Philly! Nice fight for a Philly venue!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      One option for DSG, is a fight with Ray Robinson. He's 24-2, hasn't loss since he loss by decision to Shawn Porter in 2010, and he's also from Philly! Nice fight for a Philly venue!
      Should be a great stay busy fight for the Gift.
      Should also the biggest fight for Robinson in years.
      Should be an easy fight to make if he's with Haymon.
      I agree. It's a good fight for Garcia. Nothing to laugh at.

Comment

Should be a great stay busy fight for the Gift.
        Should also the biggest fight for Robinson in years.
        Should be an easy fight to make if he's with Haymon.
        I agree. It's a good fight for Garcia. Nothing to laugh at.
        Robinson is with Joe DeGuardia of STAR Boxing. Not sure if he's signed to Haymon.

http://www.*************.com/columns...-danny-garcia/

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Robinson is with Joe DeGuardia of STAR Boxing. Not sure if he's signed to Haymon.

http://www.*************.com/columns...-danny-garcia/
          Should be an easy fight to make as long as he's not with Arum or DLH.
          Again, fight is nothing to laugh at. The inactivity is more concerning than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            I understand the point your attempting to make but ask yourself, what leverage does he have now; That he is no longer undefeated and have a title? Why would those guys even want to step in the ring with him at this point because of the flip side for them, it's also a high risk low reward fight.
            Yeah he not undefeated anymore but he is still one of the biggest draws Haymon has that's why. Guys can get paid more fighting Danny because he's a draw more then they can fighting other guys on the Haymon stable.

Comment

Should be an easy fight to make as long as he's not with Arum or DLH.
              Again, fight is nothing to laugh at. The inactivity is more concerning than anything else.
              Ray Robinson would be a good fight for Spence Jr. in Dallas too! I don't think Robinson would hesitate if offered Spence Jr. or Danny Garcia!

Comment

Make it Happen!

Comment

Good fight. Fook the interim **** though lol. I think danny has happy feet with porter all over him and dont sit down on hard counter punches though. So i got porter here. I also think the salkas and the out matched opponents such as guerreros that were sold as big fights but in reality were supposed to be wins for garcia has hurt him in long run. Although he still young and can improve if he keeps fighting better fighters. I wouldnt be totally shocked if garcia ko him on a counter left hook. But it would surprise me. And broner cant beat anyone over a c level fighter and im sure he did use the excuse of fb player porter after porter made him look like the c level fighter he was. Broner is a joke really, and while porter aint the best, he always trys his hardest in fights and thats all you can ask for. Oh and lime a guy said earlier. I love smoger too and i hope he refs this

Comment

So winner of this gets rematch with Thurman. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Yeah he not undefeated anymore but he is still one of the biggest draws Haymon has that's why. Guys can get paid more fighting Danny because he's a draw more then they can fighting other guys on the Haymon stable.
                      Umm! That's very subjective because Haymon pays all the fighters in his stable the same anyway. The fact is Danny Garcia is going to have to start making some noise in the division or he will become irrelevant. He can start that by fighting for a title and hopefully winning it. The last I checked, Spence was available. That's if he wants it. Other than that this is his best option. For him to go back to his cherry picking ways of fighting the Berto's, Khan's and Vargas' of the world are not going to do it for him. He needs to start fighting championship caliber opponents.
                      Last edited by champion4ever; 07-17-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X